Conflict with Advanced Custom Fields

I am using Jobs and Experts along with Ultimate branding. There is a conflict with J&E and Advanced Custom Fields by Elliot Condon

I have also tested it with Ultimate Branding, on or off it fails only when J&E is activated.

The fields are created even with the error. But they do not appear in J&E so I am thinking we cannot add custom fields. Any ideas?

http://www.entertainersone.com

(This line appears 9 times) Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/entertai/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/core/controllers/field_group.php on line 922

(appears once) Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/entertai/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/core/controllers/field_group.php:922) in /home/entertai/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1178

• idomagic
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I also get this error when trying to set up custom layout. Perhaps it is something else and I am hoping this info will ring a bell with you all here.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/entertai/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jobs-plus/framework/database/ig-model.php on line 216

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/entertai/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jobs-plus/framework/database/ig-model.php:216) in /home/entertai/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1178

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Idomagic,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

I've replicated the same warnings on my install as well when Jobs and Experts is active. I'll flag this as a bug so we can get it fixed up asap and you can use both plugins at the same time :slight_smile:

Jobs and Experts involves some quite customized custom post types so adding custom fields to them may not work even after getting the warnings fixed up but we will see what the developer has to say on that matter.

Hope this helps idomagic and thanks for reporting it!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

@ idomagic,

I hope you are well today and I'm sorry for the issue.

I'm checking the bug with ACF, in the meantime, can you please give me more details about the custom fields you want to add (name, which validation it need, etc) so I can make a small plugin for you :slight_smile:.

Have a great weekend!

Best regards,
    Hoang Ngo

• idomagic
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I need a lot. I really appreciate the offer. I am still in development so I am not 100% sure at this point. I was going to trial and error some. I do know I need these for expert:

12 photo or video fields.
    A secondary description field called "Awards and accolades"

In jobs I need:
    Location Address
    Location City
    Location State
    Location Zip
    Contact Telephone

Again, I am sure there will be more so it may not be worth doing. But I would appreciate it!

• Zeke
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

+1 - we also need greater control in J&E model for specific industries: many 'jobs' do not have a budget or budget range...they may require an hourly quote, or may be a standard pay model stated as "Scale" for example...so the ability to switch that off/select which type of payment would be great, as well as the ability add new fields to Jobs meta, among others.

Idomagic - Justin's tutorial is an excellent DIY for adding fields yourself...

http://justintadlock.com/archives/2009/09/10/adding-and-using-custom-user-profile-fields

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Zeke and idomagic,

Thanks for your feedback here :slight_smile:

I'm going to flag adding custom fields as a feature request officially, I know Hoang already mentioned he is going work on a plugin add-on for this, but just for the sake of internally tracking the progress I've flagged it.

Thanks for your patience. While Hoang is looking into this let us know if you have any further questions!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.