Conflict with BuddyPress media plugin

I was having a lot of problems with the BuddyPress Media plugin and in the end it seems that it was having issues with BuddyPress Activity Plus.

I deactivated BAP as a result.

Has anyone else had the same problems and been able to resolve the issue? I would still like to use BAP if possible.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings JamesICT,

Sounds like a possible JQuery issue to me though I admit that I am not a coder.

Lets see if we can identify the conflict.

With the BuddyPress Activity Plus plugin activated go to a page where they should be rendered and in Firefox or Chrome use control+shift+J to bring up the debugging console.

What is the URL to where this is taking place?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings JamesICT,

Thank you for the additional input and I would take you up on it but if there is indeed a conflict between these two items it will take a coder to fix it - and I am not a coder.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• rahul286
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi JamesICT,

I am from the BuddyPress Media team.

The conflict is due to the activity stream upload, since both the plugins are trying to upload media through the activity stream.

If you want to use the BuddyPress Activity Plus functionality I recommend you uncheck "Enable Activity Uploading" on the BuddyPress Media Settings Page. This should solve your issue.

Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings JamesICT and rahul286,

@rahul286 Thank you for your input which is absolutely appreciated and makes perfect sense. Nice to have someone from Buddy Press in here to possibly answer the gazillion questions and issues we get that are not conflicts like this one i.e. this one is obviously a conflict caused on our end when integrating with Buddy Press installations but works flawlessly with non Buddy Press installations.

@JamesICT That should resolve the issue.

Thank you both for being WPMU DEV Community Members and have a GREAT week!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.