Conflict with eShop

Hi there,

Your classifieds plugin is conflicting with my eShop plugin.
I get "You already have access to add ads." when I test the checkout for eShop.

What do you need from me in order to help me fix this? :slight_smile:

I could use MarketPress instead of eShop, I guess - but I'd need an EFT payment gateway option (does MarketPress have that?) ... PayPal not so popular in SA.

• DavidM

Hi merylpixelmagic,

It sounds like the 'checkout' slug is being used by both plugins. Does eShop let you change that slug by any chance?

Also, MarketPress doesn't have an electronics transfer gateway per se, but it does have a manual payments option which can be used with an electronic transfer process. Basically, once payments are received, you mark them as paid and shipped, where needed.

Would that work for ya?

-David

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there! :slight_smile:

Just checking in to see how things are going with this one and if you need any further help. :slight_smile:

At the moment there is no way to change the slugs in our plugin nor is the way to remove them. I'll pass this feedback to the developer though, perhaps it could be something for a future version. :slight_smile:

We haven't heard from you on this thread for a while. So I'm going to presume your all fixed up now and don't need any further assistance.

However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey again. :slight_smile:

no, no change in status ... I'm going to have to remove one of them, and removing the shop isn't an option, so I'm busy looking around at other membership plugins.

So its a membership plugin issue?

Reading up the thread I thought it was classified ads and a shop plugin?

The other option which would require some custom work would be to go through the code of either plugin and find instances of where its used/defined and alter them. For example:

/classifieds/core/buddypress.php Around line 48:

/* Set up classifieds as a sudo-component for identification and nav selection */
       $bp->classifieds->slug = 'classifieds';

This was used for the nav as an example.

Let us know how you get on with this and which rout you ultimately go. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.