Conflict with Pretty Link Pro

Hi there,

I've been a happy user of WPMU DEV SEO Plugin until recently I installed the Pretty Link Pro plugin.

For some matter the pretty link pro's social bar just could not work properly on all my posts. I disabled plugin by plugin and drilled down to this plugin.

Then I went to the Settings page to test feature by feature and discovered that the Title & Meta Optimization seems to be the caused. When I disabled it, Pretty Links Pro worked well.

Now I really want to use both, and we could discuss about whose side should do the change. But I'm hoping to highlight to you guys so that something may hopefully be done to resolve this conflict.

Would love to hear your advice. Thanks. :slight_smile:

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi flashmech,

I've used Pretty Link Pro before but I don't recall a social bar feature at all. Is that available in the Lite version? If so, we could easily test it, otherwise we really don't have an easy way to test without the Pro version.

If you could check for javascript errors or check your error logs and post back here on your findings perhaps we could look into that?

Thanks,
    David

• flashmech
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi David,

The regular pretty link indeed does not have the social bar.

I've checked with the support of pretty link pro, and this is what he said.

I'm not able to view all of that code in the plugin via WordPress' plugin editor on your site, but they should know what I mean when I say the <script> they echo into the HTML header (wp_head()) is what's causing the conflict with the Social Buttons Bar not showing up.

Where should I check for JavaScript errors? On the web error console? If that is the case, nothing shows up apparently. The Pretty Link Pro's functions just fail silently.

Thanks,
    Lionel

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Lionel,

I'm trying to test this with the latest version of Wordpress 3.2 but can't seem to get any results. The bar is simply not showing up in posts even with the shortcode. This is on a bare site with no other plugins active but Pretty Links Pro (I've just reinstalled it after a long hiatus).

That said, are you using the latest version of WordPress?

Thanks,
    David

• flashmech

Hi David,

Thanks for testing it. The Pretty Link Pro bar will not show up until you have generated a pretty link for the post/page. Have you done that? You can actually mass do that via the "Page and Post Options" in the "Pro Options" page. Attached is the screenshot for you to find the expanded section that you will want to look into.

I'm not using the latest version of WordPress yet. Am using it on 3.1.3.

Thanks David. :slight_smile:

• flashmech

Hi David,

I think I've found where the conflict is caused.

When I entered text in the "Title Tag" of WPMU DEV SEO plugin, the conflict goes away, and the Pretty Link Pro's stuff appear as they should.

If I did not enter something there, all Pretty Link Pro's stuff disappear (Tweet box and social bar).

Your help in this is much appreciated. Thanks!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi flashmech,

Glad you found that and thanks for reporting back on your findings. Strange that it would only display the bar if a title tag is specified though, just odd. I'll mention that to the developers over here to see if they might be able to provide a simple adjustment in a future release.

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.