Conflicts with Buddy Press Theme when setting up Floating Social Media

First a little background, I was having trouble with the slider on the front page displaying properly and per Tyler's advice, I discovered a plugin conflict with JetPack's Share Module. Needing to replace that I went with WPMU Floating Social. However during implementation I have had a couple of problems I can't resolve.

1) When I activate the plugin a CSS edit I was given by your team to eliminate Page Title Boxes no longer works. The code is :

.content-page > .content-box-outer:nth-of-type(1) {
display: none !important;
}

And can be found in the Edit CSS under Appearances. Please help me revise this code as necessary to remove display of the Page Title Boxes. See attached Screen Cap.

2) I am unable to display the Floating Social box on the Front Page of my BuddyPress Scholar Theme. I have selected display on Front Page in the settings and set 'Attempt to fix front page conflicts' to yes. Use this hook has been set to: get_footer & wp_footer. I also tried php code edits on Footer.php and page.php per the topic at: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/floating-social-not-working-on-homepage but have had no luck!

I need Floating Social on the Front Page so any further ideas would be helpful.

Thanks for your prompt reply
Greg

PS - I have turned on Support Access!

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Greg,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

Please help me revise this code as necessary to remove display of the Page Title Boxes. See attached Screen Cap.

I can see the Page Title Boxes are not getting displayed on your site because they are getting hidden by the custom CSS code that you have added. Please see the attached screenshot.

Test it clearing your browser cache or using any other browser.

I need Floating Social on the Front Page so any further ideas would be helpful.

If you are displaying latest posts on the front page then the front page becomes archive page so check the option "Show on archive pages: " in the Floating Social Settings as displayed in the attached screenshot.

I have logged in to your site and selected that option, now the Floating Social is displaying on the front end of your site.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Greg

Vinod,

You are correct :

I can see the Page Title Boxes are not getting displayed on your site because they are getting hidden by the custom CSS code that you have added.

I did not want the Page Title Boxes which was why I added the code but the problem I was referring to was when I activated the Floating Social plugin the Page Title Boxes had reappeared on the pages which I did not want. I had indeed already flushed the browser cache to see if the problem would clear but it did not. My follow up question is, did you make any other changes to code or settings to clear up my problem or has the problem 'resolved' itself?

I see with the addition of selecting Display on Archive Pages you where able to get it to display on the Front Page. I think my problem was that I did not scroll to the bottom of the page when I activated these settings and see that the Floating Social box was only occurring in the footer since I had tried the hook wp_footer which displays it only in the footer.

The exact settings I used to get it to float on the Front Page are:

Show on front page: Yes
    Show on archive pages: Yes
    Attempt to fix front page conflicts: Yes
    Use this Hook: get_footer

Thanks again for all your hard work!
    Greg

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.