Confuse about Upload Quotas

Hi,

What is the default upload quotas for free level? Let's say I only have one Pro upgrade level, if I want to set free level quotas to 100mb, and Pro upgraded level quotas to 1000mb. How do I setup these limitations?

Also, there is a Wordpress setting for maximun upload size for multisite blogs, do I enter 1000mb for this setting?

Thanks
Thomas

• xaviemirmon
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@ecommmax I am assuming you're using the Pro Sites plugin.

It's under Network Admin > Pro Sites > Settings > Upload Quotas. I have adding a screenshot of my setup. I have three levels but the same can be done with two. Instead of 500 mbs and 2GB you would have 100mb and probably 1gb. It depends what exactly you mean by a maximum upload size. If you set this in Pro Sites I believe it overrides all other settings in Wordpress. There is a PHP max upload site which is for individual files and that depends what it's set to (generally 64 mb I think) and that is changeable in your PHP.ini file. So with a setting of 100mb or 1000mb you can upload many files but that individual file cannot exceed your php.ini limit. I hope that helps and makes sense.

Xavier

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @ecommmax

Great question! And thank you to @xaviemirmon for assisting you and providing an excellent answer.

This is what the WPMU DEV Community is all about :slight_smile:

Have a good day and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.