Confused in regards to Domain Count Limit and Auto Updates

Hi,

As I understand it, the WPMUDev Dashboard is required on any site where a WPMUDev plugin has been used - e.g. MarketPress.

I further understand that my membership gives me the right to use WPMUDev plugins when developing client sites, for unlimited sites.

The domain limitations for this required plugin would seem to force limits on how many sites I can deploy for clients.

Have I interpreted this correctly, and what happens at 21+ domains?

cheers
Gary

• aecnu

Greetings Gary,

Thank you for these great questions!

As I understand it, the WPMUDev Dashboard is required on any site where a WPMUDev plugin has been used - e.g. MarketPress.

Not exactly. It is nice to have the WPMUDev Dashboard for many conveniences including but not limited to updates. However, one could simple remove the code from the plugin that is checking for the dashboard/update plugin. The plugins are all released under the GPL license as described in the TOS.

I further understand that my membership gives me the right to use WPMUDev plugins when developing client sites, for unlimited sites.

The domain limitations for this required plugin would seem to force limits on how many sites I can deploy for clients.

This would be more accurately described said as The domain limitations for this required plugin would seem to force limits on how many sites I can deploy for clients with automatic updates using the dashboard plugin and limited to 20 networks in which each network can contain tens of thousands of clients sites not to mention one dashboard plugin for a network of networks and so on.

Have I interpreted this correctly, and what happens at 21+ domains?

To some degree within the limitations mentioned above and more API's can be purchased separately too if indeed needed though you would need to contact billing for the exact details because to date I personally do not know of anyone who has needed it or what it costs.

Please direct any billing concerns to our contact form here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.