Confusion about the Beginner's WP Course

I'm enrolled in the Beginner's WP course and am in the section on Widgets and Menus. I've been doing great up until the point where the instructor says

"Here are the modifications I’ve made and the new additions and modifications in code form:

I modified #site-content to decrease the max-width to 525px and then added left float to make it float left.
I added #site-sidebar giving it a 220px width, 22px border, a border radius and white background just like the content and I floated it to the right.
I added #site-container making it as wide as the cumulative width of the content and the sidebar and centered it.
I added a clear rule to the footer to force it below the floated elements."

Here are my specific issues:
1) Up to this point, there have been complete source code files for me to look at, but not here, it seems. Are they available?
2) I'm not sure what he means when he says "added a clear rule to the footer". Source code examples would clarify this.
3) How did he center the #side-container?
4) Is there a discussion forum specifically for these courses? There's a discussion at the end of each section, but you have to be able to complete the section to get to it. How do I ask questions while working through a section?

• Malcolm

Thanks for following up, and I have moved on from this course section to the next one.

I did manage to find an answer to most of my issues, but still have no idea how the instructor accomplishes the centering of a <div> section. I'm sure it's a CSS thing, but without an example of his CSS file, or a code snippet, it's not clear to me.

I still want a way to communicate with other students DURING the work phase of a section, not just AFTER we have completed a section. That way, we could help each other work through a section. I'm sure my CSS problem could have been answered adequately and quickly by another student.
      Cheers,
      Malcolm

• Nastia

Hello Malcolm , Hope all is well!

I did manage to find an answer to most of my issues, but still have no idea how the instructor accomplishes the centering of a <div> section.

I guess <div> probably has an ID and there is a CSS code added in to stylesheet.
    <div id="sidebar">

I still want a way to communicate with other students DURING the work phase of a section, not just AFTER we have completed a section. That way, we could help each other work through a section. I'm sure my CSS problem could have been answered adequately and quickly by another student.

I see that communication may solve many questions. I've forwarded your feedback to our Academy facilitators. Hope this change will be added :smiley:

Have a nice day and take care!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.