Confusion about welcome email between eNewsletter & Automessage

Hi there,

I'm confused about which plugin controls welcome messages. If I install both eNewsletter and Automessage, won't they both send "welcome" messages when someone registers on my website? eNewsletter says "Automatically send welcome emails to new subscribers", which is what Automessage does...

Here are my two scenarios, please help me understand eNewsletter and Automessage:
1) visitor enters email address and subscribes to website, does NOT purchase anything
2) visitor purchases a course

in both cases a "new user" is created. How do i control which "welcome" messages go to "subscribers" versus "students"?

I want to send "subscribers" 3-4 emails with past articles, downsell, upsell marketing, I want to send "students" emails about the course they just purchased, and then one email a week for 6-months.

I don't see how I can achieve that with Automessage. What is the best way to achieve my goals?

Thank you!

• Ash

Hello @emilio_gagliardi

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Automessage is the plugin that sends welcome email to the registered user. You can't control subscribers vs students. Subscribers are not users of your site, so automessage doesn't send email to them.

Here comes e-newsletter. All the users are automatically subscribers in e-newsletter. So you will be able to make your own content for the newsletter and send them.

We have another plugin - Subscribe by Email, that allows to send email to all subscribers as digest of all recent created posts and other post types.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.