Connection between Marketpress and CoursePress Pro

Hi,

I've been reading about the marketpress, Membership 2 and Coursepress integration but I still have a question.

I have the demo theme activated with WP4.4.1 and I can order a Course through marketpress. I've enabled "manual payment" so I can set the payment to PAID, without paying actual money right now.

What happens after someone pays for the Course. I, as owner recieve an email saing that I've sold a Course and the client/student recieves an email that he has bought the Course and that he has to pay manually, with all details.

So far so good

After setting the order to paid, because I recieved the manual payment of the client, the client recieves an other mail "Your order has been shipped" (I suppose I can change this message in the settings of CoursePress I suppose, because I need more a message that we recieved the payment and that the course is now open to view)

So far good

Were to go from here. I don't see any extra users in my wordpress, after setting the payment on paid, I don't see any new student listed in the course or ones I can add (from users)

Does this mean I have to add a new student manually to the users first to later on add it as a student to a course?
And how Do I see the role of Membership2 in this setup? Is the plugin only to hide pages from non users/students, drip content?

Membership 2 also has the option to add members, billing etc, how does that relate to selling the course through the shop?

Is there a setup so the client recieves the login code and other info after paying, that he's a registred user straight away and signed to the course he bought?
So he can login straight away and start the Course?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Rogier,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

After setting the order to paid, because I recieved the manual payment of the client, the client recieves an other mail "Your order has been shipped" (I suppose I can change this message in the settings of CoursePress I suppose, because I need more a message that we recieved the payment and that the course is now open to view)

You can change this notification on your dashboard's "Store Settings -> Notifications" page in "Order Shipped" section.

Were to go from here. I don't see any extra users in my wordpress, after setting the payment on paid, I don't see any new student listed in the course or ones I can add (from users)

If a user makes a purchase as a logged in user or create an account during purchase (at the end of "continue as a guest" procedure) he/she should be added as a student to selected course. However I just tested this and in case user skips this step he/she actually isn't added to the course. I suppose this should be considered as a glitch in plugin. Before I forward this to the developers though could you please confirm that students are added to course if they make purchase as logged-in users and if they create an account during process? Let me know also if this doesn't work for you.

It would be great if you could also give me a "step-by-step" purchase workflow description that you're testing and grant a support access to your site via our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin so I could take a closer look and replicate this on my own sandbox.

And how Do I see the role of Membership2 in this setup? Is the plugin only to hide pages from non users/students, drip content?

With Membership 2 you can create multiple memberships that would give users access to different content (though that access might as well "overlap" if you wish). This would mean that apart for courses itself you could for example give certain members access to additional resources or for example make selected courses available for purchase only to a group of users of your site.

Membership 2 also has the option to add members, billing etc, how does that relate to selling the course through the shop?

These are two separate things. Membership 2 controls access to all resources of your site. CoursePress is just a part of your site. An example case scenario could be:

1. Visitors are able to enroll (buy) 3 courses from your offer
    2. Members (that payed for membership) are able to buy these 3 courses as well but they got an access to "Members only" forum and also can enroll for additional 2 courses for free.

Is there a setup so the client recieves the login code and other info after paying, that he's a registred user straight away and signed to the course he bought?
    So he can login straight away and start the Course?

This seems to be strictly related to your previous question about why users aren't added to courses as students. If a user is a registered WP user on your site he/she should be able to access course immediately after purchase not needing to take any additional steps. Therefore, it would be great if you could respond to my questions (above) regarding the issue.

Looking forward for your response,
    Adam

• Rogier

I've checked my settings of Wordpress and I have "everybody can register" enabled. I've also enabled the setting of forced login in the marketPress settings.

The result is what you see in the screenshot. If you have a login you can login, but if you don't have a login, there is no way to register. Would be even better to have register as first option and login as secondary option, because most buyers will be new clients.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Rogier,

Thanks for getting back to me with additional information and for granting access.

I checked your site and I can confirm that for logged in users it's all working as expected. I've even "bought" a course myself and I was properly added to it as a student. Important note here though: the course enroll option was set to "Manually added only" and this fully prevents students to join it in any other way than being added by instructor/site admin.

Once I changed it to "Anyone" it let me enroll.

However, the site indeed shows a login form only and not registration form so users would be forced to browse the page in order to register. I've noticed though that there's also a "Membership 2 Pro" plugin enabled.

I'm a bit confused here on how would it be used on your site. Assuming that at this moment we're unable to sell courses "without registration at all", could you please share a simple case scenario with me on user workflow (example steps from "first time visit" to the page until "start studying") and usage of Membership 2 - I think I could help you set this up.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Rogier

Hi Adam,
    The scenario is as following:

Client visits website and descides to do the course. He/se than needs to be able to click and buy.
    In buying the course they need to registrer at the same moment. If students need to registrer before buying or after, its a extra thing we ask and not preferreble. So it would be nice if people get a registration form instead of a login form. I do see this everywere at webshops so I suppose it would be no problem.

One bought and registrated people can go on to the course.

The course has 6 video lessons and 6 text lessons. The student can start straight away with the first video lesson. All other lessons are time based, meaning that they can view a new one every week.

The lessons are devided like this:

week 01: video lesson 1
    Week 02: text lesson 1
    Week 03: video lesson 2
    Week 04: text lesson 2
    Week 05: video lesson 3
    Week 06: text lesson 3
    And so on until week 12

We would like to automaticly send an email to every student telling them that a new lesson is available. If we could send the message and open a new lesson a week after finishing a lesson, it would be great. If we can only set that lessons and email are send X weeks after starting, we'll settle for that.

Membership 2 pro is added to have dripped content. We've installed it because they told us that it would be the only way to drip the units of a course. Until now I didn't manage to get it setup.

These last lessons we prefer that they recieve it by email automaticly.
    If a student starts the course, only the first lesson is visible. After completing this video they need to recieve (or at least a message) the first email lesson after 6 days. 6 days after this email lesson, they need to recieve a new message saying the second video lesson is available. 6 days after that a message to say that the email/text lesson is available

• Rogier

Hi Adam,

I have setup the content drip but I can';t check it. Still something strange in the setup.

If I order a course, I need to have a login. I prefer to have that in the checkout of the shop instead of having to go first to an other page to registrate. But ok, thats one thing.

The other thing is that I see your name in the "billing" of Membership 2. I had to change the invoice status to Paid. I suppose you can see the course right now.

I've also registrated myself as a student, paid for the course and set my payment in the shop to paid. But I don't find myself back in the list of Members in "Membership 2" and I have no option to set the payment under Membership2/billing to paid. Meaning that I still don't see the course because I'm not yet a member to the correct group (de Love Check Leden) How can it be that you are added to the members? O did you do that by hand?

I am added to the course, so that went allright. But because I'm not a member I see no units

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Rogier,

Thanks for your responses.

Let's go again through the configuration again to make it all clear.

1. CoursePress

This seems to be setup properly in order to sell courses but two issues arise:
    - you'd like to shorten the registration process (I'll get to it later below)
    - at this moment you would be "double-charging" users as both course and a membership are set to be paid.

Is that a planned business model? From your previous posts I understand that the main goal is to charge users for accessing the course and then provide the course in a "dripped access" model.

What I would do here would be this:

a) I'd set course as free with "anyone can register" option
    b) I'd set a drip-content membership that would be paid (that'd be the price of a course)
    c) I'd protect the course with this membership

This way students wouldn't have to go through the purchase process and we would avoid any complex "hassling" with memberships. The steps a,b and c should be repeated for all the courses you'd like to sell as "dripped".

2. Membership 2

You'd want to enable following add-ons ("Dashboard -> Membership 2 -> Add-ons"): "Multiple Memberships" and "Individual Custom Posts".

The "Multiple Memberships" add-on will allow your students to join multiple memberships at once meaning that they'd be able to "buy" multiple courses at once.

Then, on "Membership 2 -> Protection Rules -> Custom Post Type Items" you will find all the Units and Modules of each of your course enlisted. You'll be able to assign each Unit selected Membership and define type/dates of access (e.g. set unit to become available "Relative to Subscription" on "1 week" - meaning that it will be available to the user 1 week after signup).

At this moment you should have working "drip-content" paid courses setup.

Other notes:

There's no built-in way to notify member of dripped-content being available to them but you could for example use our "Automessage" plugin that let's you define a series of messages that are sent to users in a similar fashion as "dripped membership" works, for example you can create a "welcome email" (sent immediately) and another one informing user that the new course unit has been opened for him/her (sent after 1 week).

Also, this setup would simplify registration process. The workflow would be like this:

- user visits your site
    - selects membership and signup for it
    - as he/she is already signed up and logged in he/she needs just a single click to access a course immediately.

I think this should work better for you. Let me know what you think about it and I'll be happy to help you set it up if you need assistance.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Rogier

Hi,

I have no "At this moment you should have working "drip-content" paid courses setup." setup.

If I buy the course as a new user I can view all units with video in it. All units with Emailles are blocked. But this is because yopu first have to some mandatory elements untill you can do them,.

But no drippin Units on the website :slight_frown:

Is somebody looking in to it? Its all build up with custom post types I've read, isn't it just adding these to the dripping content settings and thats it?

What I've setup now is the following. I've removed all units from the course and I use the course overview page asd a unit. It is almost easier to eliminate Coursepress Pro and use Protected (drippin) pages instead. But then I miss all the student pages, workbook etc.

• Rogier

Did you also mention that Automessage only send messages to new users, There is no option to send messages to mebers of membership 2 pro. I can send messages to members from membership 2 pro but those are like the standard welcome messages of membership itself. I can't set time based sending of emails. This is what I can do with automessage, but that one I can't connect to members.

Sorry to say, the setup you have seems nice but between the plugins you build, theres still a lot to connect.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.