Consumption of reward in crowdfunding after successful pledge not working

Dear Support,

I am experiencing an issue with the fundraising plugin setup for crowdfunding with several rewards added.

50 rewards are available to those who pledge £10. 1 pledge has been done (has a pledge ID and reward number against it) but the number of rewards remains at 50. Surely this should now be sitting at 49 rewards remaining?

I have SG CachePress loaded, would this interfer with the remainder calculation? I have cleared the cache but it doesn't make a difference.

The site is running TwentySixteen so no funny Theme vs Plugin clashes. I have tried it 3 different browsers but with the tally of "50" showing in each.

I have given support access in the background but you can replicate the issue in the foreground at - http://commandpostcentral.org.uk/crowdfund/fundraisers/were-crowdfunding-a-new-car-to-transport-veterans/.

Many thnaks,
Elliot

• Elliot Charles
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Demitris,

Thank you very much for your reply.

There is still an anomoly in that 3 pledges have been made at reward level 2 meaning that the remainder should read 47 out of 50 but it reading 48 out of 50.

It looks like the very first pledge experienced the problem and subsequent pledges are decrementing the tally correctly.

I have attached a screenshot to show the 3 pledges.

Many thanks,
    Elliot

• Elliot Charles

Hi Predrag,

Thanks for your reply and I hope all is well.

I can confirm there were no differences in the number of plugins installed between pledges.

I will create a new crowdfund and see if the issue repeats itself and let you know the results,

Kind regards,
    Elliot

• Elliot Charles

Hi Predrag,

I have created a new Crowdfund post along the same lines as the other one - https://commandpostcentral.org.uk/crowdfund/fundraisers/were-crowdfunding-for-10-pcs-in-our-new-training-centre/.

I have managed to replicate the anomoly.

On the successful creation of the Crowdfund post I subsequently committed to 3 successive £10 reward pledges. The tally correctly decremented from 49 to 48 to 47.

I then tried to think what I might have done when the issue occured so I clicked on "Preview Changes" and then committed a 4th £10 pledge with reward option 2.

I successfully completed the pledge and then reviewed the tally, which was now set back to 49.

I have opened the post on other browsers and they show a tally of 49.

I have checked in the Fundraising dashboard and there are 4 successful pledges recorded against reward 2 with pledge ID's.

I am unsure if this is considered a user issue or a bug. I'll leave that for you to decide, I'm happy I know how to avoid it.

I'm wondering if any of the other plugins I use operate in the same way. Something to look out for.

All good wishes,
    Elliot

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Elliot Charles,

hope you're having a beautiful day! :slight_smile:

I have managed to replicate the anomoly.
    I am unsure if this is considered a user issue or a bug. I'll leave that for you to decide, I'm happy I know how to avoid it.

This is really great, I appreciate your efforts on this!
    I believe that I wouldn't even imagine to test such flow myself, thanks again! :slight_smile:
    I'll go ahead and inform our dev guys about this and let you know as soon as I've got some insights.

I'm wondering if any of the other plugins I use operate in the same way. Something to look out for.

Generally, try not to do any actions whenever you're in preview pages as may lead to conflicts like the one you found out. On the other hand, if you do encounter other issues, feel free to create a new appropriate thread and we'll keep up from there.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Elliot Charles,

Do I mark this issue as resolved or leave it open to see what happens a little further down the line?

It doesn't matter that much for us. As this thread's URL is already reported in our bug tracker, I will be able to inform you as soon as I've got some update from our dev guys. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.