Contact Form 7

Hi All: I know this is not a plugin you support but I thought I would try to find a solution to a problem I am having.

1) Contact Form 7 Was installed and some custome forms were created
2) They were all tested before the DNS was pointing to the domain...A-OK
3) I made the website live yesterday and no forms work. Error reads "Failed to send your message. Please try later or contact the administrator by another method."

I believe the problem is DNS is not controlled by the hosting company. Any ideas for a work around or a better plugin for handling online form submissions?

Thanks,

Rob

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Rob,

2) They were all tested before the DNS was pointing to the domain...A-OK

As andersonwebsites had suggested, it appears that you had developed the site using the IP address rather then the domain name?

Please confirm.

3) I made the website live yesterday and no forms work. Error reads "Failed to send your message. Please try later or contact the administrator by another method."

If in fact it was based on the IP rather then the domain name itself, then every instance of the IP throughout the entire installation needs to have it swapped using the domain name.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Rob
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback.

Yes, we developed the website using the IP address.

If in fact it was based on the IP rather then the domain name itself, then every instance of the IP throughout the entire installation needs to have it swapped using the domain name.

What is the easiest way to do this?

Thanks,

Rob

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Rob,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.