Contact Form 7 Not being transfered by Blog Template

I have numerous Contact Form 7 tied to Contact Form DB in a Template file. The data from Contact Form DB is in the website generated with the template. However, the Contact Forms are not copied over. I saw your article (https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/adding-contact-form7-forms-to-a-new-bog-template) and tried both of the sugestions:

define("NBT_PASSTHROUGH_WPCF7_MAIL_FIELDS", true, true);

The above returns duplicate site errors when there are none.

define("NBT_CONVERT_WPCF7_MAIL_FIELDS", true, true);

The above returns a fatal error in the templates filter.php file.

PLEASE NOTE: I cannot access your forum so I can not reply through it. I had this problem before but can't remember what you did to fix it.

I need to know if this will work or get a new Form plugin as we have a demo tomorrow.

Thanks Jesse

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jesse,

Hope you're doing well today! Aside from the issue you are facing here.

I've just tested this on my site with both Contact Form 7 and Contact Form DB - both are copied over to the new site without any issues. So this could be a conflict with something else on your site.

What errors are you seeing exactly? and could you grant support access so we can have a look at your blog template settings?

You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

PLEASE NOTE: I cannot access your forum so I can not reply through it. I had this problem before but can't remember what you did to fix it.

Are you not able to login to our site? I checked your user and it has all the proper permissions. If you forgot your password then you can reset it here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-login.php?action=lostpassword

If that's not it either, then could you contact me directly through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" and enter "Attn: Tyler Postle" as your subject - this ensures it gets assigned to me. Then we can make sure you're able to reply on forums as that should make all future support tickets go a lot smoother for you.

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Jesse,

I was doing some testing on your installation and my own simultaneously, and while I was able to see the issue on your end, the contact forms on my installation were transferred without any issues.

So it looks like this is something specific to your installation.
    Since you don't want to disable your plugins can you at least try clearing your cache and then deactivating W3TC and try creating new template after that?

Also, is there a way you could set up a staging site where this can tested without plugins activated?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• jetiii

Hi Predrag,

With the two threads my message must of gotten lost. I did shut off all of the plugins in the template. It did not help. I also had the Jetpack contact forms running on the template but discontinued it as it only allowed one form per page. Two questions/ideas: a) Did the Jetpack Contact Form leave something in the template site, and b) on your own instillation, is there only one (1) form? Is it possible that the problem is when multiple forms are used, and on one page?

Jesse

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Jesse,

With the two threads my message must of gotten lost. I did shut off all of the plugins in the template. It did not help.

I did see this part in your other thread, however you mentioned in there that you are unable to disable network activated plugins, and there are few of them that are affecting your DB and Caching so it's quite possible it's one of them causing the issue.
    That's why I asked if it's possible for you to create staging site, where you can disable network plugins as well.

a) Did the Jetpack Contact Form leave something in the template site

This shouldn't be an issue and Jetpack shouldn't affect NBT functionality.

b) on your own instillation, is there only one (1) form? Is it possible that the problem is when multiple forms are used, and on one page?

I did test with only one form before but now I created additional three and still all four were transferred to my new site so it looks like this is not the factor.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• jetiii

Hi Predrag. The following are the network activated plugins. Do you see anything that stands out. I need to resolve this so I am going to shut things off to test. Anything stand out? Also, there are three plugins that start out with "Recent". Are any of your plugins dependant on these?

affiliate
    wpmudev
    akismet
    antisplog
    blogs directory
    bp group blog
    comment indexer
    contact form 7 **
    duplicate post
    global author comments feed
    global site search
    global site tags
    jetpack
    limit login attempts
    ms content copier
    network shared media
    new blog templates
    recent global comments
    recent global post feed
    recent global post widget
    recent post function and short code
    site categories
    tiny mce
    w3total cache
    wp zero spam
    wp site map
    wp smush pro
    wpmu dev dashboard
    wpmu dev videos

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Jesse,

Can you try disabling caching and security plugins like these ones:
    wp zero spam
    w3total cache
    limit login attempts
    And any other plugins that are affecting your DB, the access has expired so I couldn't have a direct look but if I remember correctly you do have such plugins active?

Our "Recent" plugins come with widget or shortcode to list recent things you want so this shouldn't affect anything.
    I don't see Post Indexer which is required for these Recent plugins?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• jetiii

Hi Predrag,

I am going to try some other form packages. I have W3 Total Cache tied into content delivery systems and many others. I am not willing to shut it down. I will try visual form builder. Do you have any recommendations? Thanks for the heads up on Post Indexer although I may have shut it down. I have reopened the website to you. I will shut down zero spam and limit login attempts to see before redoing the forms. Thanks, Jesse

• jetiii

Hi guys. I finally got a form package to work, Ninja Forms. After careful review of contact forms, databases plugins and options, there is nothing that really fit. What I'm doing is adding true CMS capabilities to Wordpress. After reviewing wpdb and PHP 5, I decided to convert our database functions over for use in Wordpress, targeting MU. I have the beginings working. It is an object oriented set of classes that convert SQL over to function calls. simple to use:

var $table = new dbtable();
    $table->open($tableName);
    $table->setIndex("id");
    $table->fetchByIndex($indexId);
    var $lastName = $table->fieldByName("LastName");

I will simplify it even more once I do a little more research. I will also provide pre-built "Hot Tables".

This has been written in C++ and JavaScript so it is not new technology.

I will also be looking to market this new tool along with an assortment of Data Aware components as well as the ability to access fields by short codes.

Thanks, Jesse

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.