Contact form enqueue styles

I was looking to deregister the style for this plugin but it does not use wp enqueue style function so unless I edit the plugin directly this cannot be achieved. By doing that, when I update the plugin my customisation will be lost.

I'm surprised to see a wpmu plugin that does not use wp enqueue style (or script for that matter). Would like to see an update with the styles and scripts added using this function.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings JWC,

Thank you for your feedback, it is certainly appreciated.

I will see if I can get the lead developer @Vladislav in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Aaron
    • CTO

Some of our plugins have been around for a very long time (we're the oldest plugin space on the web), long before the enqueue functions existed. As it works fine and is really just a best practice update, i'll flag this as a feature request for the future and mark resolved.

Thanks!

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

The latest plugin release (v2.1.3, just released) uses the script/style enqueuing rather than the markup injection, as it used to. The markup injection is still available as an optional fallback if needs be, but needs to be turned on explicitly via a define.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings JWC,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.