Contact Form Widget using network admin email address

Hi There.

I just noticed that the contact form widget is setting the default contact email address to the network admin rather then the site admin.

Is this a bug or the expected behavior – seems like a bug to me.

http://www.screencast.com/t/LV9YqvRZa

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

So in the widgets settings what email addresses do you have there?

In your screenshot, was that an email address as set in the site settings and one from the contact widget?

I’m just trying to recreate the issue, if you could include screenshots of the widget setup as well please.

Thanks.

• Jennifer
    • The Incredible Code Injector

OK – so on further testing…

It seems that whatever email I enter into the settings “Admin email (optional):” – this email is getting added to the send to address twice (as shown above).

If I leave it empty, the email goes to the site administrator email address.

Not a major issue – just curious why it’s added twice?

On the original question, I think I may have caused this. We are using the new blog templates plugin and some how the email address got set in there (probably during testing) and was being copied to all the new blogs. :-0 (so it looked like it was being added automatically – ugh)

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

It seems that whatever email I enter into the settings “Admin email (optional):” – this email is getting added to the send to address twice (as shown above).

If I leave it empty, the email goes to the site administrator email address.

Ya it allows you to have an additional address.

If you’re defining two different addresses (the site admin and widget one) then it should go to both. I know in your email you show admin twice but are they both addresses? I couldn’t tell.

On the original question, I think I may have caused this. We are using the new blog templates plugin and some how the email address got set in there (probably during testing) and was being copied to all the new blogs. :-0 (so it looked like it was being added automatically – ugh)

Ah, have you removed that from the form now? And is it sorted?

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.