Contact Widget – activating causes all widgets to disable

I am attempting to create contact forms by using the Contact Form plugin. Whenever, I activate the widget, it causes the widget area in my site to become disabled (i.e. can’t select or drag any widgets). It happens with both network and site activation. I have tried deleting and re-installing, however, issue persist. Any known solutions or recommendations to resolve this issue?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @whirlybee

Welcome to the forums!

I just tested in Firefox 19, Chrome 25 & IE 9 on a PC and it works fine.

Are you by any chance running Chrome on a Mac? That combination has been the cause of many issues lately.

Please try temporarily deactivating all other plugins on your site. Does the issue persist?

Also, please try with a different browser and/or OS to see if there is any improvement.

Thanks.

• whirlybee
    • New Recruit

Hi Patrick,

Yes, I am running Chrome on a Mac, however, also have the same issue on other browsers as well (Firefox, Safari).

Have also deactivated plugins (one by one per standard WP troubleshooting recommendations) and issue is still present. It’s only when I activate the Contact Form that things go bonkers. Network and site level activation give same result.

I have also tried installation plug-in via FTP and upload via plugin install with the same result.

Any other recommendations???

Thanks.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Tested on my Macbook Pro 17 and it worked.

Tested on my brand spanking new, just arrived this morning 27inch iMac and it also works.

No issues in Chrome or Safari for me on either machine.

Have you managed to test on another machine?

And you said you tested with all other plugins disabled and using one of the default themes like Twenty Twelve?

Themes can affect the backend as well.

Cheers.

• whirlybee
    • New Recruit

Hi Timothy,

Thanks for your info….

Unfortunately, I do not have access to another machine.

As I mentioned earlier, I have tested by disabling the plugins one by one. Again, the Contact plugin seems to be the only one that is causing the issue.

I have not tried with the Twenty Twelve theme…I’m using the Holder theme from wpmu.

This site is also a MU site…could that be the issue??? Can’t imagine why but then can’t imagine why I can’t get this plugin to behave.

Cheers,

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @whirlybee

I’m doing a bit of housekeeping by going through some older threads, and I noticed that this one is still open.

Do you still need assistance on this issue?

If not, just to get the ticket out of our active system, I’m going to mark it resolved.

But if you do still need help here, please don’t hesitate to re-open the thread by checking the “Mark as not resolved” box below.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.