Contact Widget Config

I am trying to configure the contact widget with the Upfront Luke and Sara theme. I replaced the contact form from the template with the Contact Form widget, but the fields do not render correctly. Now multiple copies of the widget are appearing in the Upfront interface. I'm not sure how to fix it, can you help? I have enabled support access.

  • Rupok

    Hi bfineman,

    Thanks for granting Support Access. It seems like Contact Form plugin widget is not compatible with Upfront. I could regenerate this on my test site too. So I'm reporting this to our developer right now.

    Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and release a fix.

    Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

  • Rupok

    Hi Ben,

    is there a different way people usually do contact forms in Upfront?

    Upfront has it's native contact form element which is the best way for showing contact forms in Upfront. As you said "I replaced the contact form from the template with the Contact Form widget", can you please tell us if you faced any specific issue with Upfront native contact form element? Or if you want to bring that native contact form element, it's really easy. Just follow this steps: http://recordit.co/CSs9TWIIgt

    The native contact form has lots of options like showing/hiding subject box, captcha field, validation settings etc. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

    Please let us know in details about what you are trying to get in your contact form. I believe, native contact form can serve that.

    Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

  • bfineman

    Thanks for the clarification. I guess I will shift my question to the Upfront built in contact form. I deleted the plugin and put the Upfront form back in. It does not seem to work.

    - Email does not arrive at the configured address
    - There is no confirmation after the form is submitted
    - Enabling the captcha just gives me a box that says "CAPTCHA:" - there is no actual captcha

    Hoping you can help me understand what I'm missing.

    Thanks,
    Ben

  • Nithin

    Hi bfineman,

    Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

    Thanks for the clarification. I guess I will shift my question to the Upfront built in contact form. I deleted the plugin and put the Upfront form back in. It does not seem to work.

    The issue was due to the Hummingbirds minification settings, I have enabled performance optimizations, and compression under, Upfront > Experimental, and re-checked minified files under Hummingbird > Minification.

    I ran a test on the contact form, and now it seems to work fine, please test, and confirm whether it's working.

    Also, I was able to notice Google API Error in your console, and Upfront editor not loading due to this, please create an API Key, and save that as shown in the screenshot, under Upfront > General.

    Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

    Kind Regards,
    Nithin

  • Nithin

    Hi bfineman,

    Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

    Do we need to submit a bug request so that Hummingbird works out of the box with Upfront?

    That's how it works, when it comes to Upfront, enabling optimization as mentioned above, will minify the files related to Upfront. And that's how it's designed in order to avoid any further tweaks further down the Hummingbirds minification page. These settings should only be enabled, once our website is ready, and set to live, so making these work out of the box by default wouldn't help the users much.

    Developer are aware of the current workflow, however I'll let them know your views regarding this. I hope this helps.

    Kind Regards,
    Nithin

  • bfineman

    Sorry, I'm not sure if I'm following the workflow you described. I think what you are saying is that if one does not enable "enabled performance optimizations, and compression" under, "Upfront > Experimental" before enabling Hummingbird, that these kinds of problems are expected.

    If this is correct then this is good to know for my other sites. And maybe this is already in some documentation somewhere that I didn't read, but my view is still that Upfront should be ready to work with Hummingbird, or the required Upfront setting change should be made automatically when Hummingbird is installed. I do not expect to need to modify Upfront settings every time I install a plugin.

    Thanks,
    Ben