Contact Widget doesn't work

Hi,

I just downloaded, installed and activated the contact widget plugin to a multisite using the Nelo theme. Next I wanted to drag it into the sidebar to set it up. It could not be dragged, didn't move. What's interesting is that at that time none of the other widgets didn't move either, I wasn't able to drag any of them. Once I deactivated the contact widget, all the other plugins were movable again. Very strange. Can you please help?
Thank you.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings desert,

Thank you for bringing this significant issue to our attention.

I just downloaded, installed and activated the contact widget plugin to a multisite using the Nelo theme. Next I wanted to drag it into the sidebar to set it up. It could not be dragged, didn't move. What's interesting is that at that time none of the other widgets didn't move either, I wasn't able to drag any of them. Once I deactivated the contact widget, all the other plugins were movable again.

This certainly seems like a java script conflict to me. I was testing this very widget today and you can see it in action and even test it if you would like in which I will reply here on my test environment on our production server.

I have not tested it using the Nelo theme which is my next step.

Meanwhile if you can please, test using the Twenty Eleven theme and if that does not help please go through the standard trouble shooting protocol of disabling all plugins, checking to see if the plugin works, then enabling then plugins one at a time checking for functionality after each activation.

I will get back to you shortly after testing with the Nelo theme.

Thanks again for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Gabriele,

I have tested this out in our development environment and cannot replicate the issue.

You can see the test success on my production server test site using the Nelo theme plus I did a test email which also worked flawlessly and you are welcome to try one too if you would like.

Just received your personal message from your testing of the contact form on the Nelo theme:

Testing the form. Looks like the Nelo homepage :slight_smile: Now if I can just get it to work.

Since we now know that it is not a theme problem, we just need to figure out which plugin is causing the problem and/or conflict within your dashboard.

Await to hear the results from troubleshooting on your end so we may find resolution quickly.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

• desert
    • Flash Drive

Hi again aecnu,

I just did all the things you suggested:

First switched to Twenty Eleven, contact widget frozen there too.

Next switched back to Nelo, deactivated all plugins except contact. Now you won't believe but even after everything else was turned off, contact is frozen. Can't move it.

Now what?

Thanks ( I will be off for a while but check back in a couple of hours - really would like to solve this)

Best,
    desert

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings desert,

The next step would be to FTP into your hosting account and delete the Contact Widget plugin, considering the possibility that the original upload may possibly have corrupted a file.

Check your dashboard for functionality, then re-upload the Contact Widget plugin.

Look forward hearing about your results.

Thanks again for being a WPMU Dev member.

• desert
    • Flash Drive

Hi aecnu,

Here is what I did:

I deleted the contact form plugin, tested the dashboard - all is well.
    Then uploaded the plugin via FTP to the host server. It didn't work, froze everything in the widgets again.

Now it gets interesting: I have a second, totally separate site with a WordPress blog that I'm working on. This site uses a different theme: Business Feature. Both use the latest version of WordPress. I uploaded, using FTP, to this site and the same thing happened. Contact form froze all the plugins. Now what? Do you have any more ideas? If not, is there somebody who can find out?

Thanks so much for your help.

• desert
    • Flash Drive

Hi riyaku,

Yes, I have disabled all, then turned on contact form and that froze the other widgets. Please see thread above. We have tried a bunch of things. It also doesn't work on a totally different site using a different theme. Both are newest WordPress installs.

I don't understand why it doesn't work on my install. I haven't changed any java script.

Thanks for your help.

• desert
    • Flash Drive

There is definitely a problem with the contact form widget. After 3 days and 2 members helping me, it still froze on my widget page and also froze all other widgets there. You couldn't move them or even open them.

riyaku went to my site to check it and he had no problems moving the widget to the sidebarb, but I can't use it. There were also no issues with my program install. I am running Windows 7-64 bit, then tried it using my old computer running Windows XP and I couldn't get it to work with either PC. I am leaving the topic open, so somebody will read it and pass it on. I don't know where else to report it. Thanks for your help.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings desert & riyaku,

Thank you both for your grand efforts in trying to resolve this bizarre issue.

Which browsers did you use desert?

Have you tried dumping the browser caches?

Or maybe using something like CCleaner to clean the browsers and caches up?

Awaiting to hear from you on your results and which browser you are using.

• desert
    • Flash Drive

@aecnu,
    Initially I used IE 8 which is where everything froze, then I based riyaku's suggestions (thank you), I tried Firefox and that worked. Amazing, but really not surprizing. I know Mozilla is better, just didn't think about it.
    Thank you both, guys, I really appreciate the help and also hope this may be helpful to others in the future.
    @riyaku, real glad too that we solved it.

Best, Gabriele

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.