Contact widget nos showing success message

Hi,
I have this issue, Before today Contact widget was working fine, suddenly it stop sending email, I got an error message saying "Mail not sent".. I started to fine solutions until I manage to avoid getting the error message by deactivation the HTML Newsletter template plugin...
But and issue persisted.. no email was sent... so after some re-settings I give up, and decided to uninstall the contact widget plugin.. the uninstalled and re installing..
after setting old values.. I manage to perform a successful email send click... but now the success message wont shop up..
is like widget (which I assume use asynchronous call) doesnt recives successful acknowledge... cause all fields remain filled..

so how should I proceed?

also I end up using this plug in when trying to achieve a successful email sent.. do you think now it is messing around
with this widget?
Easy wordpress SMTP
http://wp-ecommerce.net/easy-wordpress-smtp-send-emails-from-your-wordpress-site-using-a-smtp-server-2197

Any input is greatly appreciated...

• DavidM

Hi @manolo_mendoza,

I hope you're well today, and thanks for your questions! :slight_smile:

Those SMTP plugins would usually affect this since they alter the standard WordPress mail functionality.

Are you using an SMTP email to send through? If so, have you tested to see if those SMTP emails are actually sending and being received?

Have you tested the regular mail features without using that plugin?

Could I also ask, is there anything that changed from yesterday til today that might affect this? Did you install any new plugins? Did you update any plugins?

I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.