Contact Widget not sending emails

Contact Widget not sending emails.

Once it is added to widget section it does nothing. It is not showing a message that the email is sent too.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey vangel,

Hope you’re doing well :slight_smile:

I was doing some testing on my end and I was able to send emails with both SMTP plugin enabled and disabled, it made no difference on my end, and it didn’t create any console errors that you and Nastia were having.

I had a look at your site and it seems that the error is related to google analytics.

Does your theme have GA field and can you try disabling GA by removing the code just to see if that’s indeed the cause?

If that doesn’t return any results would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4

Best regards,

Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Vangel,

I had a look at your site again and can see that Mail Not Sent message, so it means that plugin tries to send it out but it looks like the email service is failing.

I tried creating new user on your site and enabled a option to send user registration email to me but it failed sending, it seems like there are other issues with email here.

Did you had issues with other WP emails?

Is it ok if I try setting up my gmail smtp on your site to test with that?

Best regards,

Predrag

• vangel
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

EDIT: Please hold on to testing. My Amazon SES for the domain is blocked for the moment. I am getting support to reactivate

I don’t have issues with other email. I confirmed this when discussing over chat. For e.g. I can get password reset emails. I switched the plugin though, as directed by the person who created the suppose case for me. I am using Amazon SES.

If you’d like, please feel free to make the changes you need. Then proceed to test. I have no use for the site in its current state as my potential customers complained to me that contact form does not work. I am not always reachable by phone so it leads to much frustration for them. If this fails I’ll just have to move to medium.com for this site.

End of it you can just tell me what needs to be reverted and either one of us can do it.

• vangel
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I solved it. Nastia had recommended I use another SMTP plugin. I chose the Easy SMTP from wpecommerce. That actually works.

I was having issues with Amazon SES just around the time I switched the plugin. Not getting anywhere with their support so moved to mailgun. Everything works perfectly. Word to the wise, avoid Amazon SES at all cost.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.