Contact Widget not working?

I set up this widget on my site but when I filled in the fields and clicked on the Send Message button, nothing happened.

I wish to also clarify, for the From fieldl, does the user have to fill in an email address or just a name?

If there is no email address, then how can replies be sent to the user?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

I just tested it and it works fine.

In the from field, the user needs to enter a valid email address in proper format else it will throw an error.

Can you please give me a link to the site so that I can see the problem in action ?

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Is there a sort of check built in that will alert the user to input an email address in the proper format, as right now, I don't see that here.

Its there but it will not alert the user in real time. It will only alert him once he submits a contact form and the email address is no in correct format.

The widget is on http://ehangar.com/help/

I checked and its not working on your site. I doubt it to be a plugin conflict.

Can you please check for a conflict using the attached screenshot and let me know if you narrow it down ?

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• aristath
    • Recruit

The original poster of this issue is no longer an active member on these forums.

I am marking this issue as resolved.

If however at some time the member becomes active again and the issue still exists, don’t hesitate to reopen it and post an update on your current status.

Cheers!

Ari.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @leigh, I hope you’re well today!

This thread is pretty old and the original poster is no longer a member on these forums. There is no reason for them to receive notifications about something they no longer use…

Instead of commenting here, please create a new thread instead. This way we’ll be able to properly assist you, access your site if needed etc.

P.S. Since this thread is so old and the current versions of the plugin as well as WordPress core have changed a lot this past year, this thread is no longer relevant.

I am closing it to further comments to avoid this from happening in the future.

Cheers,

Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.