Contactform 7 vs. Spamfilter

Hey,

I know Contactform 7 isn't a WPMU Plugin - but maybe I can find some help anyway. We are currently facing a problem that we never had before.

The Mail-Server of a project has a firewall that blocks every mail from xxxx@ourdomain.com which isn't send via this exact server. This is to prevent spam from anything@ourdomain.com . The only option is turning of this filter or turning it on - there is no whitelist or anything like that.

The problem is - contactform 7 is exactly doing this - sending a mail to xxx@ourdomain.com - but not using the mailserver, so that every request from the website currently is blocked.

Maybe somebody had a smiliar problem or a smart idea to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Jörg,

Sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having. This is really weird because Contact Form 7 uses the WordPress email settings for sending emails. Can you please confirm other emails generated by your WordPress instance (e.g. password reset email, new user registration email etc.) is using your mailserver for sending emails but Contact Form 7 is not?

If yes, then can you install this plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/) and then configure this to use the SMTP settings of your mailserver? I believe that will fix the issue for you.

Moreover, can you please ask the developer of Contact Form 7 regarding this and let us know what he says about this?

Please let us know how these go. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.