ContactForm7 Won't Send Emails

ContactForm7 is not sending emails.

- Configured WP Mail SMTP. Test mail sends fine.
- Tweaked every ContactForm7 mail setting with no success.
- Plugin/theme compatibility test. Did not turn anything up.
- Latest version of ContactForm7 and WordPress.

Support access is enabled.

• Kris
    • Support

Hi darshan,

Hope you are doing good today.

Thank you for Support access.

I checked Godaddy specification and there was a diferent settings for WP Mail SMTP plugin. Also after Support Staff Login in WP Mail SMTP I made a test and result was:
    bool(false)
    which meens that configuration was wrong.

I made a diferent settings from Godaddy specification and send emails from two of your contact forms on page (one at the bottom of page, second from contact page). The results was:
    Thank you for your message. It has been sent.

Please check that everything is ok and did you receive my messages. Let me know in response.

Kind Regards,
    Kris

• darshan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Krzysztof ,

Thank you very much , contact forms are working fine in IISGL site right now . If you don't mind can you be more clear about the changes you did , so that I can implement those changes in one more site of ours poc.mimx.in because we are facing same issue with contact forms in this site also.

Actually contact forms should work without smtp settings right ?? In some sites I did not give any smtp settings still contact forms are working fine .... and mails received are also being in "Inbox" . I am mentioning particularly because mails from IISGL site are going to "spam" , I think it is because of 'port 8o' and 'encryption none' settings .

If contact forms work without smtp settings it will be more fine and helpful .. :slight_smile:

• Kris
    • Support

Hi darshan

After you log in to your dashboard and go to Settings -> Email (WP Mail SMTP settings) you will see that I change:
    SMTP Port: changed to "80"
    Encryption Select: changed to "No encryption"

Are those other site works on the same host provider?

In the first post you mentioned WP Mail SMTP configuration. It caught my attention and I was convinced that you wanted to use smtp.
    If you want that your contact forms work without smtp settings please share again Support Staff Login.

Kind Regards,
    Kris

• Kris
    • Support

Hi darshan

After you log in to your dashboard in poc.mimx.in and go to Settings -> Email (WP Mail SMTP settings) you will see settings for no SMTP. It use only the PHP mail function to send emails.

Please check that everything is ok and did you receive my messages. If so apply those settings to other sites that use GoDaddy host provider and have Contact Form 7 plugin. Let me know in response.

Kind Regards,
    Kris

• darshan

Hi Kris ,

Is there any way to acheive the result by editing php.ini file or any file in server without using WP Mail SMTP plugin ??

I sent a test mail result was bool(true) , but I did not receive any test mail .

I tested one contact form in the site it is displaying Success Message but I did not receive any mail.

• Kris
    • Support

Hi darshan,

This must be default MX records issue for the domain on GoDaddy. To solve this you need to log in to your CPanel and follow the steps on this solution:
    https://uk.godaddy.com/help/cpanel-configure-your-servers-dns-for-workspace-email-7499

This is also the same solution right here: http://mosaikweb.com/contact-form-7-and-godaddy-email-not-working/ based on above, but it's more readable.

Remember about this one
    It can take up to 48 hours for your changes to propagate through the Internet.

Let me know in response.

Kind Regards,
    Kris

• darshan

Hi Kris ,

I added the mentioned MX records in godaddy account . But only DNS is managed in GoDaddy , All our wordpress code is in AWS EC2 servers . I mean we don't have CPanel access in GoDaddy .

POC code is in Centos apache2 httpd server .

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.