Blogs MU: Content and Avatars and sign up content

Has anyone any tips for finding the content and sign up page code - wanted a edublogs style theme but couldnt customise the Educlean theme, now switched to blogs mu but finding the content for the pages and how to add the features list page a nightmare

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Greetings @shineadmin

Thank you for being a member of our Community and for posting to the forum.

I'm sorry that you're finding it hard to work with the Blogs MU theme. I will have a look at the documentation and other threads that might guide you better.

Allow me some time to get back to you. Thank you!

In the meantime, if you need any further support, please don't hesitate to be in contact.

GinaB

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @shineadmin

Did you manage to get sorted. I'm sorry that I didn't check in earlier with you. As promised a few threads from our Forum that specifically deals with Blogs MU. Hope some of it is useful.

Blogs Mu: Font size on
    Blogs MU: Size of right-panel header text is too large - it's also an h4...
    Blogs mu pages has a box I can't get rid of
    Blogs MU' v1.3.4
    Subtle but necessary changes to the Blogs MU theme

I want to mentioned that we are in the process of updating all our plugin and theme documentation, specifically with a focus on 'What to do after installation' questions. And it is because of feedback like yours that we are making these changes, so thank you for your input!

If I find any other links that might be useful I will add it to this thread. And as soon as the documentation for Blogs MU has been updated I will also post an update here.

I wish you all the best and hope you get sorted with setting up your site.

Have a good day!

GinaB

Hope my response is helpful. Appreciate a thumbs up if it is. If it's not, please let me know how I can serve you better.

• shineadmin
    • New Recruit

Hi Ginab

soz for late reply havent been able to get the help needed or make any progress, we tried hosts and support but keep bouncing between each other about to cut our losses, restart with a single host and call it a day with MU ...

thanks so much for your input your a star

Al

• shineadmin
    • New Recruit

Hi joe

theme started playing acting strange then another install forum dissapeared and started showing in the blogsmu install - removed buddypress and theme from 2nd site and now trying to reinstall and get it working properly so i can get site open asap been over 2 months now !

Any advice kindly appreciated
    Alan

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Alan,

I honestly want to help you get this going but I cannot understand anything you are trying to tell me, it is sort of cryptic.

theme started playing acting strange then another install forum dissapeared and started showing in the blogsmu install

Please clarify this entire sentence, I cannot figure it out.

removed buddypress and theme from 2nd site and now trying to reinstall

What second site? Where am I missing the boat on this?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• shineadmin
    • New Recruit

Hi Ginab & Aecnu

Had a rest was totally beat - now trying to resolve my issue's main site now working just need to fix the following either pro sites or membership and the relevant sign up pages - so far no luck !
    pro sites requires me to sign up for paypal pro costing £40 per month and membership requires advanced set up for paypal. Stripe is US based only !

Am I going wrong somewhere ?

Now desperate to get started but cant sign up new members and sort my payment gateways, can anyone please advise ?

Al

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Al,

Happy to hear that you got some well deserved rest.

Why were you considering PayPal Pro?

Go regular PayPal, no monthly recurring and works with both Pro Sites and Membership and almost everything else under the sun with 190 countries you can receive payments from.

You want just a standard business account.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there Alan.

Paypal Pro is not a requirement. Note from the gateways:

Express Checkout is PayPal's premier checkout solution, which streamlines the checkout process for buyers and keeps them on your site after making a purchase. Enabling the optional PayPal Pro allows you to seamlessly accept credit cards on your site, and gives you the most professional look with a widely accepted payment method.

Paypal Pro is optional.

This plugin suppose Paypal Express so you can process payments.

Thanks.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

since i disabled the Paypal express and reverted to standard membership plugin doesn't work - tried reinstall upgrades and plugin conflicts nothing seems to work.

Real confused by what you are doing here?

So you used Pro Sites reverted to membership and then upgrades.

You say something conflicts, what errors are produced. Perhaps you should start with one plugin at a time and work on that rather than many at once. Perhaps there is to much going on there and it is getting confusing.

You said in another thread you sorted this or something else with Pro Sites.

I think the other issue here is that a thread is opened on one thing and then it quickly moves to something totally not related thus also confusing matters. Perhaps keep threads direct and to the point working through one issue only and whilst working on only one plugin at a time.

Hopefully simplifying things will help, I know it always works for me. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Alan,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Alan,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.