Content Copier

I installed the Content Copier for Multisites clicking on download and installed on selected website but it does not appear anywhere.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Dave,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The Multisite Content Copier plugin is only compatible with WordPress Multisite installations and it won't work on regular "single" WP installs. The site you assigned to this thread seems to be a single install, is that right or am I missing something?

Please advise! Let me also know please what would you like to achieve and I'll be happy to suggest you a solution :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Dave!

I want to copy a page from one site and all its attributes to another website page.

These are two separate WordPress installs, am I correct?

I can think of two scenarios: you want to automatically republish posts "as they go" or you'd like to copy only particular posts manually.

The first one could be achieved with out Autoblog plugin. Take a look here please:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/autoblog/

To make it work as expected install it on a "target" site and add an URL of RSS feed of "source" site. On "source" site you would want to set RSS to include entire posts instead of excerpts. As a result all the posts from "source" site would be re-published automatically to the "target" site.

In case you'd like to copy just single post or a bunch of selected posts, this trick may be helpful:
    https://www.linkbrightmedia.com/how-do-i-export-a-single-wordpress-post-or-page/

Also would be nice to get an error or something to let me know the plugin could not be installed. I waste hours trying to figure it out.

On a plugin's description page there's a "compatibility" section that indicated that the plugin is compatible with WordPress Multisite only. Take a look here please:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/multisite-content-copier/

Also as you noticed there was no "Install" option in "WPMU DEV Dashboard" for this plugin, on the contrary to other plugins. However we're looking into adding some kind of a very clearly stated message that the plugin that you're about to install is not compatible with the kind of the WordPress install that you're using. I'm not able to give you any ETA on when this warning will be added but it's already been discussed and should be implemented in future in addition to what I mentioned above.

I apologize for confusion.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Dave,

AutoBlog has an option to import feed as pages instead of posts, so only thing left is to modify feed on the site you want to import pages from to include pages in feed instead of posts, and you can do that by adding small code snippet from below to your child theme functions.php file or mu-plugin:

function pages_in_feed($query) {
    	if ($query->is_feed) {
    		$query->set('post_type','page');
    		}
    	return $query;
    }
    add_filter('pre_get_posts','pages_in_feed');

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Dave!

If you want to automatically copy pages from one WordPress site to another you may use Autoblog plugin as described before. The only "tweak" that needs to be applied to the site is to install an additional MU (Must Use) plugin that my colleague Predrag shared. To do this:

1. Download an attached .zip file
    2. Extract (unpack) that file to your local drive
    3. Access your server via FTP
    4. Upload the "autoblog-handle-pages.php" file from inside .zip archive to the "/wp-content/mu-plugins" folder of the site from which you want to copy pages

If there's no "mu-plugins" folder inside "wp-content" folder please create it.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Dave!

If you want to automatically copy pages from one WordPress site to another you may use Autoblog plugin as described before. The only "tweak" that needs to be applied to the site is to install an additional MU (Must Use) plugin that my colleague Predrag shared. To do this:

1. Download an attached .zip file
    2. Extract (unpack) that file to your local drive
    3. Access your server via FTP
    4. Upload the "autoblog-handle-pages.php" file from inside .zip archive to the "/wp-content/mu-plugins" folder of the site from which you want to copy pages

If there's no "mu-plugins" folder inside "wp-content" folder please create it.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.