Content copier is not copying content!

Content copier is not copying any content across? Not sure why!

Please help!!

Regards

Dean

• Dean
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

@aristath

Ari.

I tried to copy from my main website to multiple subdomains.

The issue seems to be boiling down to plugins. When I copy content to the default WP theme, works fine, but as soon as it’s to a site with a theme, the content doesn’t want to copy across at all.

Support access in enabled if you’d like to take a look. Thanks Ari.

Kind Regards

Dean

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @dean,

The issue seems to be boiling down to plugins. When I copy content to the default WP theme, works fine, but as soon as it’s to a site with a theme, the content doesn’t want to copy across at all.

It sounds like the issue is theme related, rather than plugin related. Could you mention which theme it’s having trouble with, and if it’s the only theme on your Multisite that does this?

Could you also send in the following, so that I can have a closer look at things here?

– In the subject field add “Attn: Michael Bissett”

– Link back to this thread

– Include WordPress network admin access details

– Include FTP log-in details (in case more in-depth troubleshooting is necessary)

– Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form, select “I have a different question“, this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Hope your weekend’s been going well so far! :slight_smile:

Please advise,

Michael

• Dean

Hi Michael.

I was meant to type theme related. I was on the end of over 24 hours without sleep so what I typed didn’t fully make sense! Haha.

I will sort out an account for you now to access the network and have a good look at it! Thanks.

Will email shortly.

Regards

Dean

• Dean

Currently out at the moment. Does the new test site have a theme? All content copies fine to a default site. But not to the theme that I have. The copy needs to inherit all theme related items such as categories and feature images/videos.

Regards.

Dean

• Dean

Just taken a look and it’s been copied to a site with 2014 running. Content Copier works fine using the 2014 theme. It doesn’t work when a site is running my current theme. As you can see by Ash’s test site, no theme related options have transferred across.

No YouTube videos etc.

I’m really not sure what’s going on but I’m really desperate to get it sorted :slight_frown: haha.

Thanks.

Dean

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, Dean!

I just looked around on your site, and content copier wouldn’t copy posts for me, at all.

I’m going to flag SLS (second level support) to come in and take a look as well, since we’ve spent a good amount of time troubleshooting without getting anywhere.

Thanks for your patience!

• Dean

Michelle.

Thanks for that. It seems so strange that it’s not copying anything. When you let SLS know about this issue, maybe inform them that Cloner is having an issue that can’t seem to be resolved also. Not sure if the issues are connected somehow.

When a site is cloned, it seems to move all of the featured images around. Not too sure why. I have some data from my server showing how and when data is written to tables. If they need it, let me know and I’ll send it through to them.

Thanks again.

Regards.

Dean

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Helo @dean

Thanks for explain, I though the issue with theme when it’s activated in source site, not in the target site, so I got it wrong.

As the SLS is already flagged, they will take a look, for sure, but meantime would you mind to send me the theme so that I can do some testing in my personal site?

You can email me the theme at contact@wpmudev.org with subject line “Attn-Ash” and a link of this thread in the email body.

Cheers

Ash

• Dean

Before this is approached in any way, I’m going to try a new theme. See if that works. I will have to run the new theme across the entire site which will take some time, but if it works, it will save a lot of hassle.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.