content entered in html editor doesn't show in preview

I just updated to e-newsletter version 1.2 and I believe I've found a bug.
If I go to the "Create Newsletter" page, go to the content tab, then switch to html view and put some content in, then switch to the preview tab the content that I entered in the html view doesn't show in the preview.
The preview is fine if I'm working in the visual view and if I switch from html to visual before checking the preview then it works fine too.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings oncourssadmin,

Thank you for pointing what could be construed as a flaw out to us and I am able to replicate the behavior on my test production server.

Therefore I will indeed notify the new lead developer of the e-Newsletter plugin of this issue as a confirmed bug to hopefully work out before his first initial release of the plugin.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Have a GREAT upcoming weekend.

Cheers, Joe

• oncourssadmin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Joe,
    In response to client need, we've added a bunch of functionality to earlier versions that I'm going to be adding into this version as well, while I'm in there if I find a solution to this bug then I'd be happy to share it.

I'd also be happy to share the functionality that I've been adding if you guys are interested.
    Here's what we've added:
    -the ability to send posts from a given category as a newsletter when the posts are published
    -functionality to send a given number of posts from a given category every day (autoresponder)
    -I noticed that the member import was quite inflexible so I modified it to accept the columns in any order
    -A page to search for members and change their name and email address if necessary.

I just figured I'd put the that out there and see if anybody had any interest.

-Nathan, on behalf of OncouRSS

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Nathan,

Thank you for that great feedback and information, it is greatly appreciated.

Is there any chance I could get you top post the code so I can see if I can get the lead developer to include it or some of it?

This would make your folks job easier too with each update.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• oncourssadmin

I'm including the code as a .zip file. I tried to mark my changes and comment everything but that doesn't mean that it's incredibly clear. I haven't fully merged my changes with version 1.2 so I've included it with version 1.1.6
    If there's anything in there that you can use, we would love to increase our member rating.

Also, just a heads up: There is a disconnect in the terms "autoresponder" and "post series" between the interface and the code/database. When I started adding stuff I got mixed up between the terms "autoresponder" and "post series" and by the time somebody corrected my mix up I had already used the terms wrong through the code and database so the quickest way to "fix" my mistake was to change the interface so it at least looked right. I've always planned to fix the code and database but I've never had the time. There's also a couple things that I have working working but need some polishing before they're done (my validating email address functionality is a perfect example of this - it's working but it's not exactly pretty)

I'm working on cleaning up my code today so when I get that done I can send it along too.

I'm open to your feedback and suggestions, thanks for taking the time to look over this. If there are any questions I'll do my best to clear them up.
    -Nathan

• Cole
    • The Incredible Code Injector

hey oncourssadmin,

Looks like the .zip file didn't make it through to the post. You could send it to cole@incsub.com.

In regards to the content html not showing in the preview I believe I see the error in this. Looks to be a problem with some javascript. I'll be sure to get this bug addressed ASAP.

Thanks so much for offering to share your work with the community. I always loved doing that as a former customer as well.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Nathan,

Just touching base with you to see where we are with this ticket?

It appears that you sent a file to Cole but that is the end of the road as shown here in the ticket.

Please advise, perhaps you and Cole worked this out off forum?

Cheers, Joe

• oncourssadmin

I sent the modifications that I made to the plugin but I haven't heard anything about the initial bug. Cole did indicate that he had found the likely source of the problem so I just assumed that it would be fixed in a future version.
    It's a fairly minor issue so I'm not too worried about it if you guys have more important things to worry about.

• oncourssadmin

Looks like that did it.
    I also just noticed that the same problem exists for saving the newsletter but I was able to fix that by adding "$('#newslettercontent-tmce').trigger('click');" in ("#newsletter_save").click and ( "#newsletter_save_send" ).click as you did for ("#newsletter_preview").click

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Nathan,

Just touching base with you to let you know that we have not forgotten about you nor your issue.

It appears that the last released version just addressed repacking the plugin in zip format.

I am sure that Cole will in time release a version with the fix as indicated in your last post.

Thank you for your patience of course and for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• oncourssadmin

Hi Joe,
    Thanks for touching base, I'd almost forgotten about this myself.
    The original issue is fixed and I'm sure that those two lines of code I indicated have been added for the next release so I'm going to mark this as resolved.

Thanks again to both of you for all your help

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.