Content payment options don't figure

I have been messing with this plugin set up and payment options for over a day. It isn't as clear or as simple as stated. Getting quite frustrate with it.
For one the wrap in the visual editor when selected and applied doesn't seem to have any baring or show up as an option. I took this to be a way of selecting pay for view content on an individual basis to a section of a page. But this does not get offered as a payment option. I am looking at it as a non logged in user.

The other oddity is that it is some how messing up the content above the wrap when viewed on an iPad.

• aristath

@David H

For one the wrap in the visual editor when selected and applied doesn't seem to have any baring or show up as an option. I took this to be a way of selecting pay for view content on an individual basis to a section of a page. But this does not get offered as a payment option. I am looking at it as a non logged in user.

Could you please post a link to that page so that I may see this in action?
    A screenshot of what is going on in the dashboard as you described it would also be useful...

The other oddity is that it is some how messing up the content above the wrap when viewed on an iPad.

Messing it up how exactly?
    I never had an issue with that before...

Please advise,
    Ari

• David H

Forget the iPad display issue it is universal and on my laptop as well when logged out as admin.

Here is the link to the page I am working on
    http://www.datemate.info/25-online-dating-articles-package/

What this page has is the top tile intro, an image/caption aligned right, a menu list with the 25 chapter titles aligned left.

Beneath that there is the pay for view content within a wrapper. The wrapper for this has a description and a price of 14.99. None of which shows.

The left aligned menu list and part of the caption is hidden from view by the plugin.

For now I have put in a global price of 4.99 which is showing on this page.

The pay for view box on the edit is set to always enabled (otherwise it just showed the restricted content). It has auto excerpt set to 0

So why won't the wrapper price show ? I thought it would override all other settings.

The menu links mention will go to another page for that chapter and have an individual alternative PFV if only want single chapters but not finished these links yet. Only set up the first one as a test.

David

• David H

Ok more update.
    This is an issue with the excerp. I have played about with this and found he menu links appeared when I increased the length of the word count shown.
    Painstakingly messing with the word count I got it nearly but not quite right. If you look at the link.
    It does really play up with the page design though and I still can understands w hy it ignores HTML rules I placed separating content with div tags.
    I removed the wrap and it still don't help.

Grrrrrr!

• David H

Hi Ari,
    Yes, thanks for asking. This wasn't an issue with the plugin as such but was complicated by some unclear explanation about using the excerpt methods.

I tried meticulously counting words to get the cut off where I wanted but this did not work and always showed a few extra no matter how I tried to configure it. Got frustrating.

I did get the wrap working in the end which I could not figure out at first. Basically it was the relation between the manual selection wrap tool in the rich editor and the pay view window in admin that I had wrong. I don't think this is very well explained in the plug in or on the tutorials I saw.

Initially I had a problem as I rarely work in the editor view and use text view mainly and the wrapper does not appear there. I saw it mentioned in the plugin page on your site but the whole thing did not come together for me. Might be the way I read it, might need some more In depth instruction. Not sure?

The other display issue was unrelated it was a Wordpress error misaligning a h2 tag that I had used in an image caption box that it did not like. It throw the entire page out of sinc and ignored div float left/right rules I had used.
    Regards
    David

• David H

Really sorry to open this again briefly but rather than start a whole new ticket up...

I need to know two things quite urgently about pay for view to get this job closed off.

1) can pay for view accept one payment for a number of different contents on other pages. A site wide pass. The daily pass seems to infer this but does not confirm if it is for the page in question or all content.
    If it is all do I just copy the shortcode that the wrapper made and encase other content with it?

2) can PFV deal with PDF downloads as well - I saw membership has that but don't want two sort of payment schemes going at the same time.

Cheers

• aristath

1) can pay for view accept one payment for a number of different contents on other pages. A site wide pass. The daily pass seems to infer this but does not confirm if it is for the page in question or all content.

You can use the Authorized users see full content option of the plugin and use the membership plugin to charge for subscriptions...

2) can PFV deal with PDF downloads as well - I saw membership has that but don't want two sort of payment schemes going at the same time.

You can simply add the link to your file inside the pay per view shortcodes!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• David H

Thanks Ari
    It doesn't seems then that it can allow multi content viewing by adding the same shortcode to another page. I thought as it has an ID it could be used in more than one place eg
    [ppw id="47717918" description="Read the whole package" price="4.99"]
    Will this work on more than one restricted page if paid for on one?

The Authorized users see full content allows free view which goes against the pay for view principal. If I am going to use membership to charge it makes PFV redundant.

If the above won't work I will have to stick to per item view and rethink it then.
    regards and thanks

• aristath

Will this work on more than one restricted page if paid for on one?

No, it will not.

The Authorized users see full content allows free view which goes against the pay for view principal. If I am going to use membership to charge it makes PFV redundant.

Actually it doesn't make it redundant...
    Think of it this way:
    User A wants to pay a subscription and get full access to all the content of your site by paying $20. This requires the membership plugin.
    User B wants to read a single article and doesn't care about the rest of your site. If you only use membership, then the user will have to pay $20 to read a single article, which he never will do! So you can also have the Pay per View plugin so user B can pay $0.50 to read the single article.

I hope that clarifies it....
    Membership can be used for subscription, Pay Per View for micro-payments, and if you want the best of both worlds then you can simply combine them!

Cheers,
    Ari.