Content Viewable from all sub sites

hi guys, do you know of any feature or plugin that enables a super admin to created posts or pages or (some other form of content creation such as a forum post) that then can be made available on all the sub sites of your wordpress multisite platform?
So If I for example, created a page that details a full list of FAQs, how can this then be used in all the subsites for their users to see?

Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Guy,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

On WordPress multisite content is stored in separate database tables for each of the sites of the network. That is why making a single post from one site "automatically available" for other sites is not available out of the box.

You could "copy" post/pages with e.g. our "Multisite Content Copier" plugin:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/multisite-content-copier/

This would let you "propagate" a post or page to all the sites in Multisite. The downside is that if you update an original post these changes wouldn't be automatically reflected on this copies but that's because content is stored in separate tables.

I think though you may want to give the plugin a try :slight_smile: If you have any additional questions, let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Guy

You have a lot of plugins that can view pages, post updates and comments etc across all sub sites so it seems to me you guys should consider a new plugin that disseminates content (such as a live FAQ page) to selected/all sub sites. Additionally I think you have a gap with service support ticketing whereby a subsite's client may raise a ticket and the subsite could push the ticket back to super Admin (and staff) in Level 2 support. In the mean time I might have to put something together myself to solve this but I'm surprised there is nothing out there that ties these levels together.

Thanks anyway Adam.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Guy!

I think your idea of a custom page template may be quite a nice and easy solution. You could create a template - that would be used on all sub-sites - that would include modified WP Loop to just read selected posts and that could let you actually read posts from any of the other sub-sites or the main site because you can "switch blogs" with the code. Great idea!

As for an idea for the new plugin. That sounds good indeed though I must say I don't think there are any plans for releasing such a tool anytime soon. I did however moved this thread to our "Features & Feedback" forum and if it grabs significant attention from other Members we'll know that there's high demand for it and we'll surely take that into account :slight_smile:

As for the "gap with service support ticketing". You are referring to the Support System plugin, is that correct? If you suspect/know about any "gap/glitch/bug", could you please start a separate thread about it giving as detailed description as possible? We'll then test it and report to the developers if necessary.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Guy

Thanks Adam. No, no bug. I am just saying there is a gap in the market. There isnt anything on the market that enables Super Admin and team to manage support for subsite admin clients with a ticket system that the subsite admins can use to manager their own client tickets.
    So a solution would be to have a multisite system whereby each sub site admin can manage their own client tickets and be able to pass back to 2nd line support (super admin team) any MU service related issues.

• Dimitris

Hey there Guy,

hope you're doing good and don't mind chiming in! :slight_smile:

This could be a good addition for our Support System plugin but yet again there isn't any such plan at least as far as I know. Despite that extra multisite functionality, it still can be used as is in order for you to create FAQ pages and have them displayed either in main blog or in any other subsite though.

Moving this thread to Features & Feedback section as my colleague Adam skipped that part after his previous reply. Please let me know if more assistance is required here!

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.