Contextual support for "Help Content" and "Admin Help Content"

Hi,

I have tested and used the "Help Content" module in your "Ultimate Branding" plugin.

I have NOT used the individual "Admin Help Content" plugin yet as I presume they are exactly the same
("Ultimate Branding" obviously with other modules/customisation as well).

From what I have tested and used thus far, adding and customising the WP "help" menu with the above mentioned, removes the contextual features of the default WP help. Am I correct in this ?

If this is indeed the case, I would like to ask that this be added to the "Help Content" module in "Ultimate Branding" if possible.

In other words, have the custom help items i create not fill up and cluster the help menu for this may defeat its purpose by confusing and overwhelming newcomers looking for help.

Possibly while creating a new help item I can select which plugin and/or menu to associate it with, so that whenever the main help menu is clicked only those help items will show.

Your very kind assistance in this would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

RC.

Michael Bissett

Hey @Randall. hope you're doing well today.

From what I have tested and used thus far, adding and customising the WP "help" menu with the above mentioned, removes the contextual features of the default WP help. Am I correct in this ?

Actually, you can keep the default WordPress help areas if you check the box for "Keep default help items (if any) and merge the new ones with them." in the "Help Panel Settings" section.

However, in regards to this:

In other words, have the custom help items i create not fill up and cluster the help menu, for this may defeat it's purpose by confusing and overwhelming newcomers looking for help.

Possibly while creating a new help item I can select which plugin and/or menu to associate it with, so that whenever the main help menu is clicked only those help items will show.

That sounds like a pretty good idea to me, definitely has my +1 here. Let's see what the rest of our community thinks of the idea.

Regards,
    Michael