Continue Checkout button disappears

A customer alerted me to the fact that if they choose a country other than United States the continue checkout button disappears and they can not complete their purchase. My site uses Marketpress I have tested this myself and confirmed it is happening. Please let me know what can be done.
Thank you.

• James Morris

Hello Josh,

I'm terribly sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.

As my colleague Ash pointed out, you are on a very old version of this plugin (from 2014). There have been numerous bug fixes and improvements with this plugin in the last 3 years. Specifically, we've identified and fixed a number of issues with the checkout process.

In order to ensure that we are not trying to troubleshoot something that's already been identified and addressed in previous releases, please backup your website completely, upgrade to the latest version of MarketPress and test to see if this issue persists. If it does, please ping us back here and we will be more than happy to dig into this issue further for you.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Josh

Hello, I actually did upgrade to the new Marketpress version on my other site which is setup the same as this one and it came up with a bunch of error messages about the header and no way to login through the standard login page. I had to go into my file directory's plugin folder on my host server (godaddy) and delete the new marketpress installation and reload the old marketpress in order to be able to use the login page again/load the site with no header errors.

• James Morris

Hello Josh,

Header messages like this usually indicate a conflict with another plugin. It's quite possible that you have another plugin (possibly older version as well?) that is conflicting with the new MarketPress.

There's a couple troubleshooting steps I'd like you to try to see if we can narrow down the cause of this problem.

First, could you please run a plugin conflict test to eliminate the possibility of a conflict with another plugin?

Whenever you perform a plugin conflict test, it's always better to do so on a staging site. You can learn how to create a staging site here.

The simplest way to perform a plugin conflict test:
    * Login to your site via FTP
    * Navigate to wp-content
    * Rename the plugins folder to _plugins
    * Create a new plugins folder
    * Move the plugin folder (ex: marketpress) you want to test from _plugins to plugins
    * Then, one at a time, move other plugin folders over from _plugins to plugins until the symptom returns

NOTE: While you are doing this, do not visit WP Admin -> Plugins on your site. This will ensure that your plugins remain active when you copy them back over.

If that does not lead to a solution, could you please enable WP_DEBUG and provide us with the output of your debug.log file?

To enable WP_DEBUG, change the following line in your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

To this:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

After you've visited the pages that are causing you problems, please go to wp-content/ on your server via FTP and download the debug.log file to your local computer. Then, open that file with a text editor like notepad (Windows), GEdit (Linux), or TextEdit (Mac). You can then save the file as a .txt file and upload it here as an attachment to your post.

I look forward to seeing the results of your tests.

Best regards,

James Morris