Continuity after subscription plan

Hi,

If I install and upgrade plugins using the dashboard, what happens if I stop my subscription. Would I lose access to all plugins installed THROUGH the dashboard?

I'm just wondering if there's an advantage to installing plugins directly for clients and not going through the dashboard to make sure account issues do not disrupt the websites of clients.

Thanks,
Ryan

• Tyler Postle

Hey Ryan,

Hope you're doing well today! Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community.

what happens if I stop my subscription. Would I lose access to all plugins installed THROUGH the dashboard?

Not at all, you will still have full access to your installed plugins, what you lose access to is updates and support.

Whether you install them manually or through dashboard it will be the same result if your membership expires :slight_smile:

I would recommend using the dashboard, it comes with a lot of perks, such as 1-click updates/installs, no conflict guarantee with the wp.org plugin repository - which can be a really important one because if someone adds a plugin with the same name as ours to the wp.org repository and it has a higher version number then your WordPress will try to get you to update to a whole different plugin, unless you have our dashboard installed :slight_smile:

Here are some other perks: https://premium.wpmudev.org/update-notifications-plugin-information/

Let us know if you have any further questions. Look forward to seeing you around the community Ryan!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.