control 404 traffic for mapped domains ?

how can i do this ?

at the moment all network sites use the root site

so if i redirect networkk.com/subb to subb.com i want all the 404’s from subb.com to go to subb.com not networkk.com which seems to be the deafult setting

thank you :slight_smile:

• in-mn
    • The Crimson Coder

404 with properly mapped domains will go to the 404/not found for that domain.

You have to have a mapped domain setup.

404 to an unmapped domain will bring up either the multisite network 404; or; a multisite join wp-signup page

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings benny,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

The first place you should be looking is in the network admin dashboard.

Logged into the network admin dashboard go to –> Settings –> Domain Mapping and be sure to have entered your dedicated IP address and address the other settings on that page.

Once this has been completed you want to go to the site admin dashboard –> Tools –> Domain Mapping and setup your domain(s) as applicable.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• benny
    • New Recruit

hey joe! (que hendrix riff haha)

thanks man – i actually think i have done all i can here

domain mapping is working fine – its just the 404 traffic for the mapped domains which is not behaving itself

im home all day today so im goin to investigate further here starting now

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings benny,

Thank you for the additional input and question regarding 404’s

Oh yes Jimi rocked!

I am not familiar or have checked on the resolving of 404’s on a mapped domain, but what is the issue here?

You do not want them to go to the root of the domain that generated the 404?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven’t heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is “Not resolved” in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

Did you know we offer FREE lifetime memberships? Click here to learn more.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.