Controlling Access to CustomPress Created PostTypes

Hi-

I’m thinking of using CustomPress to build a custom post type for online classes.

However, at least some would be paid classes and I would want to control access to them.

What would be the best way to do this?

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Cynthia

• gatherwell
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks!

I checked out membership and I think that could work well :slight_smile: – am I right that I could use a multisite install, then have each course be on its own site and therefore control paid membership on a per course basis (pay per view wouldn’t work because access should be for longer periods)? Would I be able to have a single user login to multiple sites if they purchased access to multiple courses?

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya,

Greetings of the day.

I was doing a regular followup today and found that we missed your last post on this one.

Are you still seeking support on this one or managed to get it resolved ? Please let us know so that we can take it further and assist you on the same

Thanks for being a great community member !

Cheers

Tom

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

Haven’t heard from you in a short while so I just wanted to check in and see how things are going here?

Would I be able to have a single user login to multiple sites if they purchased access to multiple courses?

Multisite works with a single account, so one login for all sites. If they had a subscription on each site, they can use the same login to access them all.

If you still need some assistance then by all means just reopen the thread or create another one for any new and related issues.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.