Controlling position of the link to the original post

Is there anyway to control the position of the link to the original post that appears after the excerpt? I add commentary to the excerpt and I'd like the link to be between the excerpt and my commentary instead of the bottom of the page.

I use 60 word excerpts so what would be perfect is if the plugin could count 60 words, add a break and then add the external link.

I realize there is nothing built-in that can do this, my question to the developer is whether or not this would constitute a major mod that I'd need to hire someone to complete.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings cshrimpt,

Thank you for the great question and again for realizing right from the beginning that this is custom coding which is beyond the scope of the support we provide here though we do try to help if we can or know the coding etc.

With that said lets see what I can do to possibly help complete this mission.

Have you perhaps tried the Post formats add-on? To see if there is a format that suits your vision with the excerpts?

The plugin of course can can count the words of the excerpts as shown in my screen shot below.

What am I missing here, just a break between the excerpts and the external link?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• cshrimpt
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Attached is a screenshot of how the external link formats. It's at the bottom of the post after the content I added (related articles). It would make more sense to the reader if I had a way to put the Read More >> link directly under the feed content before the related link section.

Do you have examples of the other formatting types?

Thanks

craig

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings craig,

Thank you for your additional input which is absolutely appreciated.

I can certainly put this in as a feature request but was hoping to get this handled now if at all possible but it will take custom coding to move this which will also be theme dependent.

After some considerable thought our options are limited to making this a feature request, trying to custom code this in your current theme removing the current read more and placing it elsewhere, or getting a custom coder like Tweaky.com to do it.

Please advise on how you would like to proceed.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.