Controlling styling and Ads that appear in Search results

Hello

1) Is there any way to prevent PPC ads from showing up in the search results with your plugin?

2) How much control we have over styling of the Search field, the results pages, etc? Will styling adjust to theme or do we need a separate stylesheet?

Also please mention any restrictions.

Thanks!

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Monis,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

For styling you can use custom CSS code to adjust the results look, and if you choose to load in your standard page you can style that page further.
    I have attached screenshot example of CSS changes made to results on my test site (ugly changes :slight_smile: )
    You can see that you can change colors, borders, text decoration and more...
    If your theme doesn't have custom CSS field, then you may wish to use a child theme or a plugin like this one for this additional CSS. That way you're protected when you come to upgrade.

My follow up question is, does your plugin support the premium site search feature or is that something entirely different?

I believe that results will be affected by the premium site search and ads won't be showing with premium google search, if that's what you're asking? :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Monis
    • Flash Drive

Hi Predrag,

Thanks for your reply with an example.

With regards to having a premium Search account with Google, I was asking how will the plugin recognize the user has a premium account, and not to serve ads? It it happen automatically, or are there things to configure in the backend?

Thanks!

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Monis!

On plugin's settings page there's a field where you're expected to paste either search ID or an entire search code given by Google.

With search ID the plugin will by default use Free Custom Search Engine. I'm not sure what's the difference in code between free an premium version (I've never had a chance to use premium one) but I suppose that if Premium version ("Google Site Search) would be properly setup on Google Account side and an entire code would be given to the plugin, it should pick it up. I admit though that I didn't tested that yet and there is the chance that it will have to be implemented separately with some custom code.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.