Convention-like plugin

Hi there,
I'm trying to see if Events+ will do the job, or if I need another/multiple plugins. I'm helping to set up the website for a small "convention," where there will be multiple events taking place, some of them of different lengths, in different rooms. Ideally, I want a plugin that has a front-end interface where people can easily add events (logging in first via Facebook or something would be okay), and on the backend, all I have to do is approve them.

Then I want people to see the approved events and where they'll be/how long they'll last in an events grid-like structure, with the hours in the day on the left side, and the locations in columns (at the top).

Additionally, since these events have a limited number of participants each, I want people to be able to sign in to JOIN an event (not run it). Even better, if when all is said and done, people can see their own schedule --what they've signed up to host/run and what they're going to participate in-- that would be awesome.

Can Events+ be finagled to do this, or should I be looking at another/multiple plugins? Do you know of any WordPress-powered Convention sites that might use a plugin to manage their scheduling?

• Rupok

Hi Azurite,

Thanks for asking. Let me describe one by one.

I want a plugin that has a front-end interface where people can easily add events (logging in first via Facebook or something would be okay), and on the backend, all I have to do is approve them

You can create front-end event creation page by using the following shortcode:
    [eab_event_editor]
    For signing up/loggin in your site with Facebook, you can use third-party plugins like these:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/miniorange-login-openid/
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-facebook-login/
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/oa-social-login/

Then you need to enable the "Capabilities" addon by going to "Dashboard > Events > Settings > Addons" section. After enabling this addon, please go to "Dashboard > Events > Settings > Event Capabilities" section and there you can decide which user role can do what. So in this case, you should configure your social login plugin to assign logged in users to any specific role. And in Events+ Capabilities section, you should assign only "Edit Events" and "Delete Events" capability for that role. That will serve this purpose I believe.

I want people to see the approved events and where they'll be/how long they'll last in an events grid-like structure, with the hours in the day on the left side, and the locations in columns

Events+ plugin shows events with date and time. You can use custom CSS code and jQuery to show those data in your desired structure.

I want people to be able to sign in to JOIN an event (not run it)

By default, Events+ requires a user to sign in to RSVP in an event.

when all is said and done, people can see their own schedule

This is also possible if you are using BuddyPress. In that case, please enable the "BuddyPress: My Events" addon and that will add a new tab called "My Events" in users' BuddyPress profile page. From there, they can add their scheduled events.

I believe, these will help. Please let us know if you have any confusion or any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.