Convert site from using Membership to Protected Content

Hi

I have an established site using Membership Pro. How would you suggest that I convert from the Membership Pro plugin to Protected Content plugin?

Pete

• Earlyarts
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello

I've not done this upgrade yet, but I see things have changed a little now you've released Membership 2 Pro.

So your advice please...

I have Membership Premium installed. Which plugin do you recommend I upgrade to and how would I do that?

Thanks
    Pete

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Earlyarts,

I hope you're well today!

We have released a brand new Membership2 just a few days ago and it's been completely rewritten from scratch. You could then say it's like a totally new plugin but although it's actually an upgrade.

That being said, I can see no real alternative here as we're discontinuing both Membership Pro and Protected Content plugins. Regardless of which one are you using currently, the only way to upgrade is to switch to Membership2 :slight_smile:

Of course we will still support you if you decide to stick with your current configuration for a while but neither Membership Pro nor Protected content will be developed further. I guess this solves your dilemma :slight_smile:

If you have any further question on this or require my assistance, please ask. I'll be glad to help!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Earlyarts
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Predrag

I use a WPMU add-on for Membership Premium which integrates Events+ with Membership. How can I achieve similar with Membership2 ?

The add-on allows members to be charged different prices to guest for Events

Pete

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey @Earlyarts,

If you have upgraded to Membership 2 Pro and your Events+ plugin is up to date, please go to your dashboard's

"Events" -> "Settings" page -> "Add-ons" tab

and scroll down a bit. There's an add-on called "Membership2 Integreation" which will do just that.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Earlyarts,

I hope you're well today and thank you for pointing this out!

I've tested it with my test setup and I was able to replicate that behavior. That being said, I've forwarded it to your developers as it seem like a bug to be fixed.

Please note though that their response time might be a little slower than ours here as they're dealing with some more complex issues than we're here on support forum.

Please keep an eye on this thread for further information and updates!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Earlyarts,

I apologize it's taking so long. I've just asked our 2nd-line support guys to update me on this as soon as possible. It seems to be a bit more complex that we've previously thought but I'm sure it won't take much longer. I've subscribed to this thread and also I'll be notified automatically immediately they come up with a solution so I'll get back to you in no time.

Once again I apologize and thank you for your patience!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.