Converting a CustomPress Group of Fields to a Front End Form

Hello guys,

I am trying to understand something here.

I have all of these fields created and I would like to let my new users to sign up on my multisite and then fill their Vendor Profile using a form on the Front End.

Should I be looking for a form plugin, or simply create the fields myself in HTML or something like that?

You see the more I think about it, I say to myself maybe I've been going about this all wrong. Is there not already a way to get people to fill a bunch of questions to create their account on wordpress? I have to admit I have very little experience with this type of user and Website interaction other than clicking links. I'm hoping I can learn the best way to go about doing these kinds of things, hopefully without having to buy another plugin. I am member of WPMU so I have access to those if you were to recommend one of these. If you are reading this thinking "Why are you doing it this way, I would do it this way" please let me know your approach.

Thank You.

• Patrick

Hi there @Luc

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard!

CustomPress was not designed to enable you to create custom registration forms. It was designed so you can easily create your own post types. WordPress comes with 2 post types by default: posts & pages. CustomPress allows you to create new ones, like Books, Movies, Reviews, or any other post types that you may need to differentiate your site content, and make it easier for you to manage.

To create custom registration forms, by far the easiest way is to either use a good forms plugin like Gravity Forms or Formidable Pro (both are premium plugins), or try BuddyPress (free, yay!) with just the Extended Profiles module enabled.