Converting a Visual designer Theme to Upfront

Hi

I hope you are fine!

First of all it is not about the Default Theme but Upfront wasn't found in the drop down lit of Themes and plugins!

Do you know any tutorials, guides, examples to convert a Visual Designer Theme to Upfront.

The Visual Baker stuff is globy and slow and not at all useful as the upfront real wysiwyg editor. So we think about changing some of our Themes to work with Upfront instead.

Looking forward for some advices

Andi

• Dimitris

Hey there Andi,

I hope that you're doing really well and thanks for reaching us!

First of all it is not about the Default Theme but Upfront wasn't found in the drop down lit of Themes and plugins!

No worries, I just changed that to "Fixer". You can't find Upfront in this list as it cannot stand on its own, it needs at least one of its child-themes to work.

Do you know any tutorials, guides, examples to convert a Visual Designer Theme to Upfront.

I'm afraid that there's no "magic sauce" in here. Visual Composer and UpFront are two completely different products, a back/front end editor and a parent theme. I believe that the only way here would be to create all of the pages you need by hand through the UF editor. Of course you should check that all of VC elements (there're plenty of those, also coming up from themes) are in place in UF or can be replaced with custom coding. This can be time consuming, but if you get to familiarise yourself with UF you can become really quick. This way you'll have anything you need stored in DB tables under a UP child-theme.
    On the other hand, in case you can be a bit more patience on this, there's a new functionality coming up in next UP versions ( can't give you an exact time span here, I just know is already in beta version ) which will be a new theme builder. This way you will be able to create/edit a UF child-theme and save it like a new theme, meaning writing in files, the other way round like the current editor which stores everything in DB. More easy to move/maintain etc.

Hope that helps,
    Dimitris