Converting from WP eCommerce to MarketPress

Is there a wiki available for export/import of WP eCommerce data? I have a hundred or so products with images, descriptions, variations on products and categories all set up. I want to import all of that information over to MarketPress but need to be shown and reassured that it will work as expected and advertised. It would take a lot of time to convert manually and I want to make sure this goes smoothly. Thanks for any help guys!

• jamesb303

Thanks for the info. It wasn't clear in the video or advertising verbiage that there is an main importer function. It appears that CSV is the main and only option. And it doesn't explain how to create or export a CSV file from WP eCommerce initially. Because of this, I was hesitant to activate MarketPress in case there was no going back to WP eCommerce to export the CSV file. I'm backing up my database and files and going to give it a shot. Hopefully all my products, descriptions, prices, variations and categories transfer over!

• jamesb303

Thanks for the information! Great success (with only one caveat). I was a bit hesitant to activate MarketPress and WP eCommerce at the same time. Once I did and went into the MarketPress admin it was obvious that the default import was direct from the WP eCommerce plugin settings instead of through the optional CSV file import. It worked like a charm importing all 122 products, descriptions, single prices and categories. The only thing that didn't transfer over were the variations with optional item sizes/prices. I'll have to redo the products with variations, but I am super happy that everything else imported, saving me a couple days work at least!

I was able to set up my store page and a sidebar with the cart and categories list using the included widgets very quickly. And everything seems to be working as expected.

I would suggest making it known that variations do not import so there is no big surprise for people. Also provide a wiki (or a link if one is already available) about how to create a CSV file from WP eCommerce as an option.

• aristath

Hello there @jamesb303, I hope you're well today!

True, variations don't get imported due to the fact that the way both plugins deal with variations is completely different.

I have notified the plugin developer about adding this to the documentation.

Since you were able to resolve this issue I am also marking this thread as resolved.
    If however you need any further assistance on the same issue don't hesitate to reopen it and post an update on your current status!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.