Cookie domain for wp-includes

I want set a cookie domain for my site wp-includes.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Smitaz

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The resources that are shown on the screenshot seems to be Gutenberg resources but I"m not quite sure why GTMetrix is even reporting them.

Unfortunately, there's no way to set a cookie-less domain for the /wp-includes and/or /wp-admin resources - basically, these are "WP core" resources and that's different than what's inside "wp-content" folder. WP doesn't include/provide any way to do this and I'm not aware of any existing workarounds for this.

However, I've asked one of our developers that is working with stuff close to that for consultation. Please keep an eye on this ticket and I'll update you here as soon as I get to know more from him.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Smitaz

I've consulted this with our developers and while what I wrote about "cookie-free" /wp-includes is still valid, I've got an update for you that might shed some additional light on this and help fix the errors anyway.

The first thing is that it seems that the site is already using HTTP/2 which should by default solve that as it's affecting - in a positive way - the way all the resources are being loaded. But it seems that YSlow is for some reason ignoring that and not detecting. So, while in fact, this reported issue could actually be safely ignored, it should be possible to "get rid of the report" with a little help of Hummingbird:

most (if not all) of these reported resources should be (I compared it with my own test site) actually detected and listed in Hummingbird's "Asset Optimization" and enabling WPMU DEV CDN for Asset Optimization would "offload" them to our cloud which also happens to be a "cookie-less" solution.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.