cookie time/one time pay per view

I have a multisite, buddypress, pro site install. On one site I am using pay per view. I have configured everything and it works well. My question is this:

I want the visitor to be able to have access to the content for 30 days. So I set the cookie time for 720 hrs.

Then I selected the one time view.

Will the cookie time allow them to have 31 days of viewing time?

I DO NOT want to use the daily pass, as I don't want them to have to register to the site and I don't want them to have access to all the content.

I see this thread addressing my same question, but I would like more info if available.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/pay-per-view-expiry

Thanks for your help Linda @iempoweru

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Linda,

Hope your well today and thanks for your question.

If you a view time set with a cookie expiry date they would have the access till the cookie has expired.

The issue lies with that if they close their browser and delete their cookies, they'd no longer have access, this is why for longer time periods, I'd personally recommend using the month pass or similar within Pay Per view :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• iempoweru

@Jack Kitterhing How do I turn the daily pass view into a month? And how do I restrict it to one post and no others?

It may help you to know that I am installing membership on it right now too.

I want to do this:

existing network member is a free member of marketplace, which will enable me to offer them a 50% discount on certain posts

a person that has attended a live event and gets the same post for free for 30 days

the strander who can purchase the post for full price

Think this is do-able with pay per view and what I want to do with the 30 day length? Thanks for all your great help!

Linda @iempoweru

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Linda (@iempoweru)

Hope your well today and sorry about the delay here, I hadn't seen your reply :slight_frown:

I've taken a look and believe this may work better with just Membership actually, using a combination of coupon codes and invite codes (if required).

The invite codes would be used to restrict access to a person signing up if you wanted.

The coupon codes, say someone attends a live chat you can then offer them a coupon code for a 50% discount off their first payment.

Membership also integrates with our Appointments+ and Events+ plugins to offer discounts to select membership levels if you wanted to.

Do you think that option could work?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• iempoweru

@Jack Kitterhing

Ok, so my biggest concern is that whatever I build needs to be as scalable as possible. I know that as I scale out I will have to adjust some things, but, I want the basic core and logic to be the the same.

There are 2 types of events, virtual and f2f. The F2f will be scheduled with the event plugin and also with meetup. My advertising will drive people to the event plugin on the site. However, I will still have the meetup attendees to handle separately.

A video is generated from this f2f to share not only with the attendees but also with our members and visitors from other locations. It will not be a download, rather a view. I wanted to give view access for 30 days.

So I have attendees who get it free, members to the network who get it 1/2 off and visitors who pay full price.

What I had done for now was activated membership and created 3 sales/delivery pages, one for each type. Then I put a password on the free page and send that to each recipient of the f2f event. This page is not accessible to the other 2 levels. The 50% off is not accessible to the other 2.

BUt, this means creating 3 pages per - which will do, but, is not real scalable. And we haven't even talked about the virtual events.

SO, I guess I need to know more about the invite codes, and how to tie membership and events together. As you are probably used to hearing, I am coming up against a deadline in that my ads launch in a big way on Jan 2. and we are already in progress with the events, videos and members.

Also, I will have digital product downloads that I was going to use pay per view with. I have decided to not use the marketplace plugin because of all the other issues.

I look forward to your thoughts on this. Thank you very much! Linda @iempoweru

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Linda (@iempoweru)

Hope your well today and thanks for the additional information.

For scalability, membership is the way to go :slight_smile:

For the events integration, go to wp-admin > events > settings, scroll down and enable the membership integration module :slight_smile:

Then in events > add new, on the right hand side where you set prices, you can choose for example, each subscription level price or if the event should be free for all members :slight_smile:

On the invite codes, that really only needs to be used, if you need to stop people from signing up and only allow certain people to?

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.