Copy all posts to main site or read posts from child sites?

Hello!

Basically, I’m working for build a Real Estate Agencies net, where the main site named imobilix that will provide the technology. But, to increase my profits I want get internet access to the main site through the offers published on child sites.

So, my questions are two:

1 – What approach is better, copy all posts and updates from child sites to main site or just read posts from child sites?

2 – What’s the best solution provided by WPMU to put fire on the road? :wink:

Thanks!

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Jefferson

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

I am sorry but I am not getting your point clearly here. Sorry for that, :neutral_face: Could you please be kind enough to tell me more about this ?

Something like steps by step guide to your requirement would be better so I can guess well what are possible solution for your requirement.

If its only related to copying posts from one site to another, then Multisite Content Copier is best way out.

Looking forward to hearing back!

Cheers,

Milan

• Jefferson
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Milan,

I’m testing the Multisite Content Copier. It is just a part of what I need. In fact, it does what I need, but manually.

I need that when anyone make a post on your site, a copy made automatically, to be created on the main site. It would be possible to do this through some filter or creating a job (cron)?

So that you understand what I want to do, think of it this way:

1. You are a Real Estate Agent and created your site using my solution;

2. Every time you launch a property on your website (The Milan Real Estate), this property will also be available on the main site (imobilix).

3. People looking for property on the internet can find the offer of a property in both the real estate website (The Milan Real Estate) and the main site (Imobilix).

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jefferson,

How’s your day? I hope it’s great!

Given that example scenario that you described in your recent post, I’m thinking of two alternate solutions.

1. Autoblog plugin

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/autoblog/

This is basically the feed (RSS) reader equipped with nice additional tools such as e.g. keyword filtering and – best of all – posting capability. The idea is to add feed from “The Milan Real Estate” :slight_smile: to it and it will automatically check if for new items and if there are any it will fetch them and post them to your site.

You can setup the frequency of these checks (hence “cron job”:wink: and even select category and/or post type that should be used. The important thing to remember though would be to make sure that the feeds of “source” sites are set to include “full post content” rather than “excerpts only”.

2. One of our “Global posts…” plugins

This would be a bit different solution as it would not copy/post posts to your main site but just show them up there but you may want to take a look:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/recent-global-posts-widget/

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/recent-posts/

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/recent-global-posts-feed/

In case you had any further questions, let me know please!

Best regards,

Adam

• Jefferson
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Adam,

first, thanks for your response. But, Autoblog do not import meta-values from posts and this is a problem for me.

The others solutions too not help me.

Well, I will create some alternative solution for me, but I believe that the Multisite Content Copier could provide this solution as a future feature. This is my suggestion.

Thank you.

Jefferson.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Jefferson,

Glad to know that you will create solution on your own. :slight_smile:

For now, as per your suggestion, I am moving this thread to “Feature” category. Let’s see what other member thinks about this. I think this has potentials of becoming good feature request. Let’s see how it goes. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.