Copy Default WP Dashboard Active Widgets & Location

Is it possible for NBT to add the ability where the active widgets and location of those widgets on the WP dashboard of the "default template" site are copied to the new site?

If not, can you provide any advice on where I can develop code to achieve this - I basically want my new sites to have specific widgets activated and displayed in specific locations.

Thanks!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hiya @Denis Lam,

Hope you're well today!

By default it will do this out of the box with the dashboard widgets, copying the ones you have in the specific locations they already are. But this is globally, not on a per template basis.

Was you looking to control the dashboard widgets on a per template basis?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• calvinrogercanas
    • New Recruit

Hello @Denis Lam

Welcome to the WPMU Dev community and thank you for contacting our support team.

I am not that familiar on the plugin but you will surely need to customize the code to achieve the feature you want. Anyway, I will also add this as a feature request. :slight_smile:

Thank you for reaching us out and again welcome to the WPMU DEV community.

Best Regards,
    Calvin

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Denis Lam,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

You might want to take a look at /blogtemplatesfiles/helpers.php and /blogtemplates/nbt-api.php :slight_smile:

Let me know if you don't find what you need in there, but I believe that will put you on the right track.

Hope your having a great weekend!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.