Copying a customised theme to build from, in Builder

Hi there!

I hope you guys are great!

I've only now stumbled upon the magic that is Upfront Builder. But I'm afraid I have started from the wrong end. I'm already half way through creating a site based on the theme Panino. But when I go to edit it in Builder it of course started editing the original Panino theme. Is there anyway to continue working on my site in Builder but from where I am now so that I do not have to start over?

I tried searching for this, but could not find anything. Sorry if this is already documented.

Many thanks, Tom

Rupok

Hi Tom,

Thanks for asking. Let me describe the situation.

When you make changes through the Upfront editor, all those changes are saved in the database in different tables. So they work only when you activate your edited theme on your specific site where you made those changes.

On the other hand, when you make changes in Builder, all changes are saved in files inside the theme directory. That gives you the ability to export theme and use the customized version in any WordPress site you want.

I'm afraid, currently, there is no way to transfer the changes from database to files. So you will need to start from the scratch in Builder. But as all images and designs are ready, you can take the currently designed layouts as references and rebuild them in Builder.

Please let us know if you have any confusion or any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Tom

Hi Rupok,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

That's a shame, but at least I've learnt something from it .

When you say "take the currently designed layouts as references and rebuild them in Builder", is there an easy way to transfer those individual layouts or copy the information over to the new pages in Builder? Or do you simply mean by looking at both at the same time, comparing and entering the information manually whilst referencing my earlier work?

Many thanks, Tom

Nithin

Hi Tom,

Hope you are doing good today.

Or do you simply mean by looking at both at the same time, comparing and entering the information manually whilst referencing my earlier work?

What you have stated would be the correct method. At the moment there isn't any such out of the box settings to move/copy settings from Upfront Editor to Upfront Builder. I'm afraid, you'll have to manually re-do all the changes.

I hope this clears your query, please do let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day.

Best Regards,
    Nithin