Copying attachments of a post and notifications to blog admins

Hi guys,

its been a while and i was wondering how is the progress on allowing the plugin to copy the attached documents other than images. Even custom_fields would be awesome.

And another thing, is there a possibility to copy content but set it as draft instead of directly publishing it?

Can we also send a notification to admin of the blog that content was copied to their site?

thanks,
Cezar

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @cezar_neaga,

I'm not quite sure on the status of that one, but I'll check in with the developers about it.

Right now there isn't a way to copy as a "draft"

There also isn't an admin notification ability.

These are some good ideas though. I will move this to Features & Feedback though so we can see what other community members think, and so it can be considered for future development.

Best regards,

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi @cezar_neaga.

We are working on a sync feature and is taking long, it's hardest than I thought when I started. Copy documents will come after that.

About your other questions: I'm afraid that there's no way right now but I'm adding lots of filters/actions in the next version so you'll be able to extend the plugin much more. Bear in mind that it's still a young plugin and we're working on improve it a lot.

Regards.
    Ignacio.

• cezar_neaga
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Ignacio,

Thanks for the update today to 1.1
    I have to admit, i was so excited to see it in updates list as i thought you might have made it copy other attached resources :slight_smile:

Still, i hope this is still on the table for a future release.
    C

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi @cezar_neaga.

You can set posts as drafts right now.

You'll need to create another plugin that extends MCC a little. Here's the code:

<?php

/**
     * Plugin name: Multisite Content Copier Extended
     */
    add_action( 'mcc_copy_post', 'mcc_extended_set_post_as_draft', 10, 3 );
    function mcc_extended_set_post_as_draft( $source_blog_id, $source_post_id, $new_post_id ) {

// Let's set the post as draft
    	$postarr = array(
    		'ID' => $new_post_id,
    		'post_status' => 'draft'
    	);
    	wp_update_post( $postarr );

}

Just create a new file for that code, for instance mcc_extended.php and upload it to your plugins folder. Then activate it.

Unfortunately, sending an email to the administrator is not such an easy thing. I didn't add a proper hook for that because I'm changing some little things in the next version that will improve MCC.

Regards.
    Ignacio.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.