Copying attachments of a post and notifications to blog admins

Hi guys,

its been a while and i was wondering how is the progress on allowing the plugin to copy the attached documents other than images. Even custom_fields would be awesome.

And another thing, is there a possibility to copy content but set it as draft instead of directly publishing it?

Can we also send a notification to admin of the blog that content was copied to their site?

thanks,

Cezar

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @cezar_neaga,

I’m not quite sure on the status of that one, but I’ll check in with the developers about it.

Right now there isn’t a way to copy as a “draft”

There also isn’t an admin notification ability.

These are some good ideas though. I will move this to Features & Feedback though so we can see what other community members think, and so it can be considered for future development.

Best regards,

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi @cezar_neaga.

We are working on a sync feature and is taking long, it’s hardest than I thought when I started. Copy documents will come after that.

About your other questions: I’m afraid that there’s no way right now but I’m adding lots of filters/actions in the next version so you’ll be able to extend the plugin much more. Bear in mind that it’s still a young plugin and we’re working on improve it a lot.

Regards.

Ignacio.

• cezar_neaga
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Ignacio,

Thanks for the update today to 1.1

I have to admit, i was so excited to see it in updates list as i thought you might have made it copy other attached resources :slight_smile:

Still, i hope this is still on the table for a future release.

C

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi @cezar_neaga.

You can set posts as drafts right now.

You’ll need to create another plugin that extends MCC a little. Here’s the code:

<?php

/**
    * Plugin name: Multisite Content Copier Extended
    */
    add_action( 'mcc_copy_post', 'mcc_extended_set_post_as_draft', 10, 3 );
    function mcc_extended_set_post_as_draft( $source_blog_id, $source_post_id, $new_post_id ) {

// Let's set the post as draft
    $postarr = array(
    'ID' => $new_post_id,
    'post_status' => 'draft'
    );
    wp_update_post( $postarr );

}

Just create a new file for that code, for instance mcc_extended.php and upload it to your plugins folder. Then activate it.

Unfortunately, sending an email to the administrator is not such an easy thing. I didn’t add a proper hook for that because I’m changing some little things in the next version that will improve MCC.

Regards.

Ignacio.

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi @cezar_neaga.

I’d need more information and I think you sent to us your credentials once. Could I take a look again? Can you please send in:

– Mark to my attention

– Link back to this thread

– Include admin/network access

– Include any relevant URLS for your site

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

(Select “I have a different question” option)

I’d also need what sites are not working with MCC.

Regards.

Ignacio.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.