Copying settings when using default blog template

Hi,

Im using the New Blog Templates plugin to have a default template for new sub sites.

I have set it to copy settings and such, but not all is copied to new site.

I have marketpress installed, new sub site will have to setup marketpress after site creation, why can't the marketpress install not be copied too?
All this problem happens with WPML plugin, which also should be setup before user can use it.

I know that if im using the Cloner plugin then it will be a try copy of site, which i dont want, but for marketpress and wpml i want it to be installed with default template.
Is there a way to handle this?

Best regards,

• Dimitris

Hey there Mikkel,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

I have marketpress installed, new sub site will have to setup marketpress after site creation, why can't the marketpress install not be copied too?

I inspected your website as you kindly granted support access for us and noticed that the following "additional tables" weren't selected in
    /wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=blog_templates_main&t=2

wp2_mp_product_attributes
    wp2_mp_product_attributes_terms

Have you tried to select those and test once more? Please advise!

As for default settings of WPML. If those aren't included in the subsite DB tables, then there's no way of them to duplicated in the new subsite setup. Cloner plugin may be handy in situations like these, the main change here is that Cloner can only be used by super-admins rather than every one who could register in your network.
    Could this be a working solution for you? Please advise!

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Mikkel

Hi Dimitris,

Your my hero!

After checked the:
      wp2_mp_product_attributes
      wp2_mp_product_attributes_terms

Then everything works fine, it copying shop with "default" setting and also the WPML is working now after i checked the last to db tables.
      I dont know if this is an error, that before i checked the tables for mp_product, then WPML tables was not copied in the right way, since i need to set this up my self for a new site, but now there is no problem.

Anyway it is working for me now. Thank you!

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.