Copying WordPress to a new server

Hello All,

I am running WordPress Bitnami Stack on Windows.

For testing and dev purposes I am copying my entire WP installation to another server using these instructions from the Bitnami site;
On Windows:
On Windows, you should follow the same process. Stop the servers using the shortcuts and copy the whole installation directory. To restore the system, copy the directory to a different Windows machine in the same location and follow these steps from a command prompt:
$ cd installdir
$ serviceinstall.bat INSTALL
You can access your BitNami Application at the usual URL.

I run this but when I visit the site page I get the error; Error establishing a data connection

Any thoughts?

~eric

• ericslangley
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Timothy,

Thanks for the reply. For sure, there appears to be some issue with the database connection, though it does not make sense since I am copying 100% of the files to the testing server.

When I look at wp-config everything is identical to the source server.

~eric

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Are you able to connect to the DB with PHPMyAdmin?

It might be worth asking the hosting company that manage the server for you.

The error occurs because of the connection, without getting hands on it would be hard to know for sure. Your host however should know the setup best and should be able to advise.

Let me know how you get on.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Eric,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.
    If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.
    This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.
    Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.